GPS and Scotty mounts

Have rigging questions or a good idea? Found a good fishing product? Tell us about it.
Pirogue

GPS and Scotty mounts

Post by Pirogue »

Against my better judgement, I have joined the Tupperware Navy and am in the process of rigging my kayak.

I have an eTrex Venture GPS and want to mount it. Is there anyone local with a good supply of parts and pieces I can purchase? I am thinking of a Scotty flush mount with a cradle to hold the GPS unit.

I guess it would be easier to ask, how have you mounted your GPS in your kayak and did you get the parts locally?

Thanks,
Tom
1 3 12 120 3000
BigFlyReel
Supporter 2011 - 2013

Re: GPS and Scotty mounts

Post by BigFlyReel »

I may have a dual-ball swivel mount. Let me check the garage.

Greg
____

Native "Slayer Propel 13"
Native "Ultimate 12"
Kayakpirate

Post by Kayakpirate »

Taking a look at http://www.yakattack.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I like the concept using the Mighty Mount along with the Screwball to hold my GPS. I often swap the scewball with the PanFish Portrait to hold my camera. When I'm done what I like best, Mighty Mount remains flush up against the Kayak.
Remember... We work to live, not live to work!

Jeff W.
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

What did you buy Tom????Kayak that is.....
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
Pirogue

Post by Pirogue »

JoeS wrote:What did you buy Tom????Kayak that is.....
Joe,
I did a trade with Big Fly Reel. My new ride is a Cobra Fish and Dive - XF. I assume the XF stands for extra fat.

After years of fishing out af canoes, I am finding kayaks to be quite comfortable. Who'd a thunk it?

Tom
1 3 12 120 3000
Rik

Post by Rik »

Old Sparky won't be very happy with you!
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Pirogue

Post by Pirogue »

Rik wrote:Old Sparky won't be very happy with you!
Yeah- They don't know.

I have the frame of a stand up paddle board built in the garage. But it has been too hot to make any more sawdust. Once I get it further, I will post it on Chuck's and this website. My daughter keeps bugging me about getting it done.
1 3 12 120 3000