Unique Anchor System

Have rigging questions or a good idea? Found a good fishing product? Tell us about it.
Heywood

Unique Anchor System

Post by Heywood »

As we were leaving the Snook Nook in Jensen Beach Saturday, Norm and I struck up a conversation with a young kid who had asked some questions about the fishing in the area. As we went outside, we noticed his anchor system and asked if we could share it.

"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
gregfl

Post by gregfl »

*throws out my anchor trolley and stake out pole.*
mauso1
Supporter 2007 - 2013

Post by mauso1 »

Dang that must be hard to cast..especially with the rod tip broken off.. :lol:

In reality a very novel idea considering 99% of the time I'm running my anchor off the back of the trolley to keep the wind at my back.

The reel would make the line neat and tidy as would the ability to switch sides for wind positioning. 8)
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
RJ2

Re: Unique Anchor System

Post by RJ2 »

seems like this might be a little cleaner setup than a trolley system , but I'm thinking it might seem like pier fishing
on some fish runs, with lines in the water. Guess , I will just have to try it though. Thanks RJ
JoeS

Re: Unique Anchor System

Post by JoeS »

Ok concept but it looks like it would be something to get in the way when casting sidearm under the mangroves and landing fish....To me the dog leash is still one of the neatest ways to anchor a kayak....although on my Canoes I use a trolley system I can move from Bow to center and another from Stern to center both of which can be moved from Port side to Starboard side with a clip, giving me 4 points to anchor and everything in between, and more important no holes in my canoes.......
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!