Kayak Storage Solution - Heritage Marquesa 14'

Have rigging questions or a good idea? Found a good fishing product? Tell us about it.
Will_fish_for_food

Kayak Storage Solution - Heritage Marquesa 14'

Post by Will_fish_for_food »

Here is one method to store your Kayak with limited space. I'm new to Kayaking and what I've read thus far is that one should store a kayak on it's side. Unfortunately the walls of my garage have things like Verizon equipment, fuse box, shelves and it would make it difficult to get out of the cars if the Kayak was hanging on of the walls. It's a three card garage and it's divided into 2 and 1. Between the two garage doors there is some space where I placed some storage racks and I initially had the Kayak resting on top of the racks; flat on the hull but it's not recommended. So, I came up with the following solution.

First Image shows how I mounted the pulley to the ceiling (Found stud and used two bolts)
Image[/img]

Second Image shows how I used wall kayak mounting straps and some hardware to attach the rope.

Third Images shows one side of the pulley system. I opted to slightly rest kayak on kayak foam supports I use on the car rack and the garage racks. But I designed the system to hold the weight of kayak with out any addition support.

Forth Image show the S hooks, rope and I how I use the holes in the garage rack to keep the kayak suspended.

Fifth Image is a full view of both mounting points and straps.

Sixth Image show the same full view from the other side.