2014 Frogman

jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

2014 Frogman

Post by jbdba01 »

I ended up meeting from fellow pf.com-ers at 0700 on Sunday from the 2014 Frogman. It was a late entry by me so I was only there to take some photos and pay my respect.

The weather was great; I suspect the water temps were in the lower 60's maybe upper 50's. When I left home in Lithia it was 30 degrees. Brrr...thankfully when I arrive the temps had warmed up and the winds stayed down in the < 5 knots range. I managed to get a couple good shots and actually took some rods to hit Weedon later on. However the head winds picked up after the start, and FWC had politely warned me to stay out of the Federal zone. I suspect I could have gone inside the manatee zone but after one almost flipped me I decided to call it a day. I've seen them move out fast before and in 3-5' there's really nowhere for them to go. Shots wrapped up I managed to get home in time for the 11 o'clock service and rounded out the day watching some football with a couple beer-garitas and arroz con pollo.

Perhaps next year I'll make it to the finish line. I suspect that there's some good shots there too.

For a full slide show click here. There may be some duplicates. All photos taken with Canon T2i, 18-135mm; polarizing lens. Some shots taken in kayak, some wading, some on land.

Couple of my favorites shots...

JB
Heywood

Re: 2014 Frogman

Post by Heywood »

Good stuff John.
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Post by jbdba01 »

Thanks Bill...light was really good in the AM.
JB
mikeB
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by mikeB »

Yep, nice shots, sorry to have missed it this year.