Bradenton River Walk

jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Bradenton River Walk

Post by jbdba01 »

On Sat I took a coule shots right off the Bradenton Riverwalk

There's a RR Crossing at the park that if you time it right (I would estimate 8am Sat morning) you can get a photo of the train crossing the river - unfortunately I just missed it.

I think the shot would be better without all those pickets on the left. Probably should have focused more on the background than foreground.

This gives a better perspective...

I liked this one the most...looks like there's a train oncoming, but it's actually the counterweight to the draw bridge.

When done with the river walk, head over to Woody's River Roo across the river (next to I-75) and grab a cold one. I had the Prime Philly Cheese with Mushrooms and Onions. Pretty good eats. We where buffeted by I-75 (in the background); it was blowing at least 20 and the river had plenty of whitecaps. A nice head of foam on the beer would have completed this shot. You can see that the flag in the background standing at attention. Given the right situation I could see hanging there all day...it's one of those local places, but don't expect the Taj Mahal. Think Beer Shed.

JB