Chasing Silver...or The Men In Grey

jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Chasing Silver...or The Men In Grey

Post by jbdba01 »

Chose your title for the below - both seem appropriate.

The top shot was from 2002, Father's Day was the one below.

WARNING : Quasi Stinkpot report - enter at your own risk. Moderators - moderate as you see fit.

You know sometimes it's not quantity but quality. My son sat like a bump on the log on the stinkpot for 3.5 hours. Off of Anna Maria I made presentation after presentation on threadfins with no avail to poon after poon (we saw well over 100 poon close to the boat). I handed him the threadfin rod and said put one out there. With both of us on the bow he rears up, slaps me in the face with the threadfin, heaves out (higher than farther) and on his first cast he hooks up. Unbelievable. Now the story would be perfect if it ended with a landed fish - and granted it was 130-150lbs easily outweighing him, but it wasn't meant to be. After 30 minutes the leader had a clean 45 degree cut 1 ft from the hook. Yes we did apply these techniques, but he didn't puke. Kudos to the comments in that thread I think we were on the fringe of winning the battle.

I added a touch of contrast on him on the outline in PS and it almost looks 3D - kinda different/cool.

Regardless the photos I managed to get reminded me of an older photo of me chasing poon.

Top shot was in 2002 using a Canon T70 50mm; bottom taken with a Canon Powershot Pro 1. Both dinosaurs by today's standards.

JB
bigguy

Re: Chasing Silver...or The Men In Grey

Post by bigguy »

Thats a great photo of your son. I need to find a way to get me a tarpon this year, doubt it will happen though.