Shore birds with the P&S

mikeB
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Shore birds with the P&S

Post by mikeB »

Trying to get a jump on Summer beach fishing this morning resulted in a few high jumping Ladyfish which drew this crowd. The dang Heron swallowed a 12 incher before I could get it back into the surf. (Olympus Stylus 1030)

americanrobster

Re: Shore birds with the P&S

Post by americanrobster »

I have the same camera and was wondering what setting that you set the camera on to take such nice pictures. Also, did you alter the pictures with any editing software?
Rob

Heritage Redfish 12'

Heritage Redfish 14'
mikeB
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by mikeB »

I just shot them in the program (auto) mode and used the Olympus software to tweak the contrast and brightness and to enhance the sharpness.
americanrobster

Thanks for the response. I need to tweak some of my pictures up with the Olympus software and/or Adobe.

I really like the Olympus camera, but the 1030 has a very limited zoom feature from what I have noticed. The 1030 has a lot of different modes that you can choose to take pictures with as well. I have only tried just a few of them.
Nonetheless, the 1030 does the job for me on the kayak.
Rob

Heritage Redfish 12'

Heritage Redfish 14'
mikeB
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by mikeB »

The zoom feature on most p&s cameras is marginal at best. I find it hard to get decent focus at full zoom. I like the Olympus cameras for their wide angle and water resistance, plus the software is pretty good.
americanrobster

I had a Sony Cybershot and I use to shoot my photos in the the 16:9 mode and they always came out great. My buddy just said Sony came out with a waterproof / shockproof Cybershot camera.

I do agree with you about the zoom feature on most point and shoot cameras. P&S cameras are a great substitute for when you don't want to take a DSLR with you.
Rob

Heritage Redfish 12'

Heritage Redfish 14'