Clearwater Aquarium and T2i

jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Clearwater Aquarium and T2i

Post by jbdba01 »

First real travel-log with the T2i. Took some relatives to see Winter. Used a 18-135mm - not to bad for a short lens. All shots were RAW. Considering the shots were all taken at roughly 3pm on a bright sunny FL day, the camera did nicely.

Had to REALLY shrink down the files to make them fit on a screen. Slideshow may have been easier.

Some folks from the Redhat Society were there. Made for some bright colors. I probably could have done better in Photoshop, but I was lazy and took the Picassa low road instead.

JB
Gibby3474

Re: Clearwater Aquarium and T2i

Post by Gibby3474 »

Wow! You have the eye!
Steve
www.kayakfishingsarasota.com
http://gibbysfishingblog.blogspot.com/
NuCanoe Pursuit
NuCanoe Pro Staff
Aqua-Bound Pro Staff
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Re: Clearwater Aquarium and T2i

Post by jbdba01 »

Thanks...I'm trying to "step up my game". That was a pretty rough day for photos - 3pm and REALLY bright light. Funny how the T2 compensates for a polarizing filter - sometimes I think you're better off without the filter, and then I start getting those nasty reflections, and the sunsets are that much deeper.

The T2 was step 1, step 2 - practice, practice, practice, step 3 is getting some action fishing shots. Not sure I've figured out that angle yet (no pun intended). I was going to do some nutty poon shots then reality set in that I probably didn't want to be in the water - with or without chainmail.

I saw some Nat Geo special on Tigers and Boobies and figured I could do it. Someone will "nut up" and do it - it's just a question of when (if it hasn't been done already). Classic silhouette shots from the bottom up, shots from the water as the fish is being released, perhaps even a long shot from say 30-50ft away fish jumping boat in background, but in the water.

I'm just to big a wuss (or too smart) to get in the water with 10ft Bulls and Hammerheads and a struggling poon. Remote shutter release and a long pole seems to be the ticket.

It would be cool though...yeah...maybe, just maybe...nah who am I kidding.
JB