FULL MOON TONIGHT

JoeS

Post by JoeS »

MAN.........You guys all did a great job......This is rapidly becoming my favorite section of this forum, I am learning quite a bit here and am seriously jonesing for a real camera not a point n shoot like I currently have..........again GREAT SHOTS all
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
skinnywater

Post by skinnywater »

JoeS wrote:MAN.........You guys all did a great job......This is rapidly becoming my favorite section of this forum, I am learning quite a bit here and am seriously jonesing for a real camera not a point n shoot like I currently have..........again GREAT SHOTS all
Joe, don't discount point and shoots. The wife took better shots with her camera than I did with the SLR. Mine were OK, about 15 decent ones out of 30 or so pics taken.

More practice is needed, and I need to remember to take all filters off at night. :oops:
Kevin

"Am I missing and eyebrow?" - Adam Savage
Tree-Bone

Post by Tree-Bone »

Skinnywater,
" I need to remember to take all filters off at night. "

Not entirely true. If you have a DIGITAL UV filter on the lens, leave it on all the time. If it doesn't say "Digital" you are not getting the sharpest picture. At night and indoors DO remove a Polerizer filter as it blocks out light and will slow the shutter speed too much.
madmarco

Post by madmarco »

Great pics :D
skinnywater

Post by skinnywater »

Tree-Bone wrote:Skinnywater,
" I need to remember to take all filters off at night. "

Not entirely true. If you have a DIGITAL UV filter on the lens, leave it on all the time. If it doesn't say "Digital" you are not getting the sharpest picture. At night and indoors DO remove a Polerizer filter as it blocks out light and will slow the shutter speed too much.
Not sure if its digital, but I did have some mirror like reflection below the moon.
Kevin

"Am I missing and eyebrow?" - Adam Savage