Jalapeno Popper recipes

Pirogue

Jalapeno Popper recipes

Post by Pirogue »

Alright guys, lets have em. A bunch of us guys are getting together Saturday night to watch MMA and do other he man woman hater things and I want to take some grilled poppers over.

I have never made them before, so let's have you recipe. I know someone here has to have a killer recipe, so post 'em up folks!

Thanks,
1 3 12 120 3000
Vlap

Re: Jalapeno Popper recipes

Post by Vlap »

Do a search for atomic buffalo turds. You will get many ideas. A simple recipe is cut jalapenos from stem to point. Fill with cheddar, cream cheese or other favorite cheese. You can mix in diced onions, peppers, or sausage.(or any other filling you like. I have seen small hotdogs)
Wrap with favorite bacon and for a treat roll in brown sugar.
Grill with indirect heat or throw in smoker til the jalapenos are soft.
"It's always an adventure! " Cooknfish.
bigguy

Post by bigguy »

Vlap wrote:Do a search for atomic buffalo turds. You will get many ideas. A simple recipe is cut jalapenos from stem to point. Fill with cheddar, cream cheese or other favorite cheese. You can mix in diced onions, peppers, or sausage.(or any other filling you like. I have seen small hotdogs)
Wrap with favorite bacon and for a treat roll in brown sugar.
Grill with indirect heat or throw in smoker til the jalapenos are soft.
What he said. I do just cream cheese and wrapped in bacon.
Pirogue

Post by Pirogue »

I went with jalepenos stuffed with chive cream cheese and chopped up beef little smokies. Then I wrapped them in bacon. The grill was set at 250 and they were cooked indirect for about 1 hour 15 min. When I do it again, I will leave them on for about another 15 min.

The poppers had a bit of snap to them. I think they could have cooked a little longer.

But, it was a success.

Edit: I forgot, Seminole Swamp Seasoning
1 3 12 120 3000