New source of revenue for Mote Marine

Here is a place to talk about our Environmental Concerns.
mauso1
Supporter 2007 - 2013

New source of revenue for Mote Marine

Post by mauso1 »

This is a combination post that might fit in the food section also.
I did not know that Mote was raising sturgeon in E Sarasota County and selling caviar and male sturgeon for the table. I have never eaten sturgeon but I gotta think it would be great on the smoker.

http://bit.ly/Hrnq62" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Your purchase of Mote-grown products today helps to support our efforts to develop new aquaculture methods and practices that are safe for the environment and that help us expand food production in the U.S. Thank you for your support!
Caviar
•2 oz (56 g): $65
•4.464 oz (125 g): $135
•8.928 oz (250 g): $240
•17.857 oz (500 g): $450
•35.714 oz (1,000 g): $850

Sturgeon Filets
Fresh, Never Frozen

•$13.25 per pound
•2 pound minimum order •E-mail Terri Deppe at [email protected] or call 941-388-4441, ext. 345, for credit card pre-payment. Orders must be received by 5 p.m. Wednesday, April 18, 2012.
•Pickup
 is 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. (only) Wednesday, April 25, 2012, at Mote Marine Laboratory reception area, 1600 Ken Thompson Parkway, Sarasota, Fla., 34236. (Please bring a cooler and ice or gel packs to keep your purchase cool.) Payment is only by cash or check at pickup. Pre-pay by credit card when you order from Terri.

Evidently Anna Maria Fish Company is the distributor of the caviar for long distance sales.

http://bit.ly/IQsQKt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
bjbg8r

Re: New source of revenue for Mote Marine

Post by bjbg8r »

Pretty Cool! Mote is BY FAR my favorite aquarium in the Bay Area. I've been to FL Aquarium (a very good one as well) and the Clearwater Marine Aquarium (was not very impressed, visitor-wise). This is a great way to raise funds for an aquarium with a mission to benefit one of our great wildlife resources here in FL.
Brian

-(2) Hurricane Phoenix 130 Kayaks

"When good men fail to act, evil men will act with evil results."