Houston we have a problem....

Here is a place to talk about our Environmental Concerns.
Vlap

Houston we have a problem....

Post by Vlap »

Walked Robinson Preserve this morning and was momentarily baffled as I looked across that wide open plain. Something was missing and after a bit it hit me. The tree that held the eagles nest was gone.

As we walked I was watching the closer of the Osprey roosts and noticed a large bird with a white head. At the distance it was hard to tell but I thought it was on of the eagles. As we got closer the eagle took wing and confirmed my thoughts as it was one of the bald eagles that lives there year round. It landed near the end of one of the side paths so my mother and I walked that way. As we neared the end of the path the eagle took off from behind some brush and flew towards us. I was rewarded with the second closest encounter with one of these fantastic birds I have ever had. It flew close to us with a large branch in its talons. As we watched it flew back to the Osprey roost and started working the branch into its new nest. What fantastic luck to have a close encounter with such an incredible bird.

While continuing our walk we came across one of the park rangers and spoke with him about the lost nest. Turns out one of the wind storms we had a few weeks ago blew down the old tree the nest was in. Fortunately there were no eggs in the nest. They have been working on the nest in the roost and also have been working on a nest in a tree that is within the park. I was unable to figure out which tree but at least that fantastic pair of eagles still reside within the park.
"It's always an adventure! " Cooknfish.
justabucup

Re: Houston we have a problem....

Post by justabucup »

Does that mean they have opened the paddle trail all the way through now?
Credo quia absurdum