wading boots/shoes??

Questions and answers on anything related to kayak or canoe fishing
ssmithri

Post by ssmithri »

I recieved a gift from my mother... a kind of post surgery present... and it turned out to be these:

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores ... ch&feat=sr

I absolutely love them.

They have a unique purge value that allows for comfort in or out of the water... not that I would wear them to the mall. :lol:

They are $59 and are guaranteed.

Stu
No tree has branches so foolish as to fight among themselves.
Bob3

size 10.5

Post by Bob3 »

For the same reason I chose Shimano size 11 & they fit very well & are comfortable. Good advice on the return policy.
Snukerfreak

Post by Snukerfreak »

I wear the Simms Flats Sneaker. I don't ususally wear socks with them and they are very comfortable. I've used them in the mud and they don't get stuck like sneakers do, in the sand they don't let any sand in, and on oyster bars and they have held up great. I even wore them wading in the trout streams up north. No felt, so they were a little slippery but otherwise, they worked great.

I paid a buck twenty for mine at a fly shop, but I have seen them listed for under $100 since then.
Last edited by Snukerfreak on Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
ozmo

Post by ozmo »

I'll echo snukerfreak,

(Hey we use the same stakeut poles, why not the same shoes?). I found the older model of Simms sneakers at BPS on clearance for $30 about two years ago. Love em. Take some breaking in but they're great in the water. On the rate occassion I get something in them. They are a pain if you have to retie while wading in deeper water though! Still, i'm very happy with them.

Ken
SteveB

Post by SteveB »

who sells the Shimano boots. I need to try them on
Rik

Post by Rik »

where are you located?
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
SteveB

Post by SteveB »

I live In Land O Lakes- North of Tampa
Skeeter

Post by Skeeter »

For a cheap pair you might try the Remington canvas waders with the lug sole. Paid $20 bucks for them on ebay 5 years ago and they are still in good shape.
Fishin Worms and Investment Advice Inc.
SheldonCam

Re: wading boots/shoes??

Post by SheldonCam »

The best shoe that have found is a pwc shoe made my Jetpilot. They cost about $70.00 ( I got mine on sale for $25.00).
http://www.jetpilot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
screwballl

Post by screwballl »

I plan to wear a pair of crocs since I will only be in freshwater

[img]http://g.nordstromimage.com/imagegaller ... 531563.jpg[/img]
pembrokayak

Post by pembrokayak »

I have actually been very pleased with the vibram five finger shoes I bought a few months back. They're extremely comfortable and very easy to slip on and off. The best part is that you have awesome grip when wading on rocks, so you don't have to worry about slipping and falling on your butt. They also velcro across the top of your foot, which is really nice as well.
sfurman
Supporter 2010 - 2013

Post by sfurman »

For the last 25+ years I have just worn diving booties. I usually go to the local dive shop and get the cheapest ones ($20 - $30) and they will typically last 10+ years. Plastic zippers are best, metal ones corrode and stick. They typically have rubber soles. I guess it is because these other fancy wading booties weren't around back in those days or you had to buy some ridiculously expensive fly fishing wading boot. I got used to wearing them while snorkeling in the keys, just about wearing them all the time when out on the boat looking for lobster holes. Besides you need them for the fins I wear. Tried tennis shoes but shells and gravel get in way too easy.
bigguy

Post by bigguy »

[quote="sfurman"]For the last 25+ years I have just worn diving booties. I usually go to the local dive shop and get the cheapest ones ($20 - $30) and they will typically last 10+ years. Plastic zippers are best, metal ones corrode and stick. They typically have rubber soles. I guess it is because these other fancy wading booties weren't around back in those days or you had to buy some ridiculously expensive fly fishing wading boot. I got used to wearing them while snorkeling in the keys, just about wearing them all the time when out on the boat looking for lobster holes. Besides you need them for the fins I wear. Tried tennis shoes but shells and gravel get in way too easy.[/quote]

I use the same type of thing. I recently picked up a cheap pair of water shoes from Wal-Mart and have worn them to wade 2 times now, there not to bad. I am really interested in a pair of the vibram five finger's. I just need to find a pair of there 48's to try on, and if they fit i will be buying a pair.
lamar

Post by lamar »

I don't use wading shoes any more went to the hightop sting ray boots
Cajun Welder

Post by Cajun Welder »

Crocs :)
Rik

wading boots/shoes??

Post by Rik »

Crocs, I wear them every day, suck as wading shoes.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley