wading boots/shoes??

Questions and answers on anything related to kayak or canoe fishing
yakanglr

Re: wading boots/shoes??

Post by yakanglr »

Neoprene boots from LL Bean. I've used different types of low type water shoes, but sand and gravel have a tendency to get between the toes and also mess up the inside of my Sit in Future Beach 144 Angler. The neoprene boots work great in cold and warm climes..., caution they do have a tendency outscore a skunk in the stink department from time to time.
Aquidneck Island Striper Team
2010 AIST Most Improved Angler
2012 AIST Striped Bass of the Year
Skull and Bones Fishing Club
BigFlyReel
Supporter 2011 - 2013

Post by BigFlyReel »

yakanglr wrote:Neoprene boots ..., caution they do have a tendency outscore a skunk in the stink department from time to time.
Fresh water rinse after every outing, and dry in the sun - the neoprene tends to trap all the micro-critters that swim in the salt, and when they die they smell. When it gets bad, throw 1/4 cup of baking soda in 2 cups of warm water. Mix it up, slosh it around in one boot, pour into the other boot, slosh it around pour it out. Let the boots dry, then rinse. If that doesn't do it, 1/3 cup white vinegar in 2 cups warm water, same drill.
____

Native "Slayer Propel 13"
Native "Ultimate 12"
bjbg8r

Post by bjbg8r »

Columbia Drainmaker. No question the best kayaking shoe in the world. Check the Columbia Outlet at Ellenton on I-75 between Tampa and Sarasota for a good deal.
Brian

-(2) Hurricane Phoenix 130 Kayaks

"When good men fail to act, evil men will act with evil results."
yakanglr

Post by yakanglr »

BigFlyReel wrote:
yakanglr wrote:Neoprene boots ..., caution they do have a tendency outscore a skunk in the stink department from time to time.
Fresh water rinse after every outing, and dry in the sun - the neoprene tends to trap all the micro-critters that swim in the salt, and when they die they smell. When it gets bad, throw 1/4 cup of baking soda in 2 cups of warm water. Mix it up, slosh it around in one boot, pour into the other boot, slosh it around pour it out. Let the boots dry, then rinse. If that doesn't do it, 1/3 cup white vinegar in 2 cups warm water, same drill.
Thanks for the recipe I'll give it a go...
Aquidneck Island Striper Team
2010 AIST Most Improved Angler
2012 AIST Striped Bass of the Year
Skull and Bones Fishing Club
Hillbilly
Supporter 2011 - 2014
Supporter 2011 - 2014

Post by Hillbilly »

I went "Old School" with Converse High Tops, rinse with Fresh water at the end of each day to prevent rusting. While they are not the best or cheapest option, they do make me "Run Faster and Jump Higher!"
Seems to self clean the muck too, but have to wear socks with them as some muck gets in.
Tempted and Tried by a Fine pair of Legs
Likewise Enticed by Over Easy Eggs