2%
6+ (and people call me a gear head)
1%

Total votes: 232

Wuluf

3 rods with one modular rig

Post by Wuluf »

I carry:

1 topwater (change to something else later in the day)
1 mid water column (spoon lately)
1 modular rig - I attached a swivel clip, and I have 4 or 5 leaders tied to various jigs. I just change them out quickly depending on what I need. It has worked out great so far. Just loosely wind the leader up and wrap a small rubber band around if for storage. I figure this rig takes the place of a couple of extra rods for me.
Wuluf
LHolman

Post by LHolman »

Usually three but I just made rod holders for the back of the kayak which would allow me to take more if needed.

Larry
Vlap

Post by Vlap »

my last trip out had 6. 2 were fly rods that were stored inside the yak... 1 of those came out for a while. the other 4 were spinning.2 med heavy for top water and suspending baits (both caught fish on last trip) and two med with soft plastic. 1 had a cal and the other a shrmp for casting under mangroves. the rod with a cal caught alot of fish. so in total i used 4 of the 6. if i had felt like working the mangroves a lil more i would have used 5. if all were on top likey i could have used 6.
"It's always an adventure! " Cooknfish.
mauso1
Supporter 2007 - 2013

Post by mauso1 »

3...just 'cause I wanna fit in. :lol:
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
paddlaroun

Post by paddlaroun »

I'm a five rod man. Guess the best reason I have for this is haven't we all been taught he who dies with the most toys wins! Dan
Dan Native 12
"Sleep in fish late"

"I know the waters cold! Wet your hand anyway!!!"
Chris.G

Post by Chris.G »

3 rods

1 topwater
1 Gold spoon
1 1/8thoz. jighead for my gulp product
Giant- size
~ Good friends will come and bail you out of jail...Best friends will be sitting next to you saying, "Man, that was fun."~
wiggleyourjig

Post by wiggleyourjig »

3 here. 1 soft palstic,1 soft plastic and 1 soft plastic. Im very versitiale.
Mike
islander

Post by islander »

www.lemonbayconservancy.org
Gh Fisherboy

Post by Gh Fisherboy »

im 4-6. Always a flyrod. Always 2 medium rigged with a spoon and a topwater like a top dog and usually a soft plastic. I bring more when i got for snook and or tarpon. I hate re-rigging for snook when they get you to the rocks
Fishing isn't boring....you just suck at it.
Redboner

How many rods?

Post by Redboner »

3. I usually carry one with a gold spoon for locating reds, one with a topwater (MirroLure Top Dog), and one with an exude. I used to carry more but found it unnecessary. I am trying to do more with less these days.
"Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary"
Patrick McManus
Fishaddict
Supporter 2013

Post by Fishaddict »

I used to carry 4 or five.. Then I got a new ride and cut it down to 3.

I have one with a topwater; 1 with a cajun thunder and DOA gold shrimp and the last one interchangeable with a soft bait, or Mirrodine depending on what I am fishing for and the depth.
[b][i]Have Boat ... Will Fish[/i][/b]
Kpmiggs

Post by Kpmiggs »

Please who are the people that take 6 or more. You must be that guy on the Long John Silver Commercial that has the whole fishing pier loaded with rods and says "I want it all"

TEAM PENETRATION
We Like to set our Hooks Deep
TEAM PENETRATION - We Like to set our hooks Deep!
Kayakpirate

Two fishing poles provide plenty of action.

Post by Kayakpirate »

I keep just 2 poles with me at all times:

One Light Ugly Stick up front usually DOA or whatever lure fits the mood.
The other light Ugly Stick off to my left in the back using GULP or strickly bottom fishing.
Remember... We work to live, not live to work!

Jeff W.
Hank

Post by Hank »

In the fall, I carry three. Rest of the time, I carry two but usually only use the one, all day. The spares are because I used to take only one and had problems with a reel once and a bad tip another time. Need a spare,because things do go bad, no matter how anal you are. :lol:
TampaJim

Post by TampaJim »

90% of the time, only two. Of course, I do have a rather crazy arsenal to select from. My trips are generally very species specific, so I can plan accordingly. I have quite a few travel rods (multi-piece) and they make having a spare very easy.

I try to keep my gear down to a minimum. My tackle box on a trip is only 10" x 6" x 6". But again, I have three of them ... inshore, bass and panfish.
shallow pockets

Post by shallow pockets »

2 spin and 1 fly
Jackson Kayak Pro Staff