Good Deep Water Re-Entry Technique

Questions and answers on anything related to kayak or canoe fishing
JoeS

Good Deep Water Re-Entry Technique

Post by JoeS »

Redfisher

Post by Redfisher »

Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

I practice this ritually at least once a trip, every time I have to pee on my kayak, its nearly always over deep water, so what do I do? Jump in, pee, and re-enter the kayak in the deep water :lol: It gets three jobs done at once, practice makes perfect, relief is completed, and cools me off on the hot midday heat....:lol: .
"I tell you now we won't give in
Without a vicious fight, We've been battered and left for dead, We've been beaten and we have bled-Versus the world" ~Amon Amarth
Shep

Post by Shep »

Rooster wrote:I practice this ritually at least once a trip, every time I have to pee on my kayak, its nearly always over deep water, so what do I do? Jump in, pee, and re-enter the kayak in the deep water :lol: It gets three jobs done at once, practice makes perfect, relief is completed, and cools me off on the hot midday heat....:lol: .
In the water? That's why everybody was looking at me like I was crazy! I thought that's what the scupper holes are for! :lol:
New place, new fishing adventures.
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

Shep wrote:
Rooster wrote: I thought that's what the scupper holes are for! :lol:
The scrambler xt scuppers arent well place to make that an easy job. :lol:
"I tell you now we won't give in
Without a vicious fight, We've been battered and left for dead, We've been beaten and we have bled-Versus the world" ~Amon Amarth
Tonysav

Post by Tonysav »

Should I take a class in deep water reentry or is it easy to learn on my own
mudfish

Post by mudfish »

very nice.

Thanks.
Rik

Post by Rik »

Tonysav wrote:Should I take a class in deep water reentry or is it easy to learn on my own
All of the internet lessons are a good thing. However, nothing will replace actual practice. It is harder then it looks.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
ray-uk

Post by ray-uk »

Tonysav wrote:Should I take a class in deep water reentry or is it easy to learn on my own
have you got a pool you can use to practice?? if not practice on the water when you have a paddling buddy with you, just incase.

ray.
I'm not here to be liked. I do this for the good of the paddle-fishing community.
Riverpirate

Post by Riverpirate »

Mak esure you have on your PFD when you practice and for fun try it with one of the newer inflatable PFDs. You won't think they are so comfy anymore!
FlaPaddleFish

Post by FlaPaddleFish »

Rik wrote:
All of the internet lessons are a good thing. However, nothing will replace actual practice. It is harder then it looks.
Especially if you have your craft fully rigged. Of course, you should have everything tied down but, that's not always the case. Make sure to stow everything away or tie it down before re-entry.
Hobie Outback S.U.V.
Redboner

Post by Redboner »

Very good info, thanks
"Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary"
Patrick McManus