Sunscreen

Questions and answers on anything related to kayak or canoe fishing
lthomas

Sunscreen

Post by lthomas »

Sunblock.. What brand do you use? :?:
What SPF? :?:
In your opinion what is the most water resistant and longest lasting SunBlock on the market? :?: :?:
"Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity, because if you lick it once, you suck forever!!!"
Redfisher

Post by Redfisher »

I kill 2 birds with one stone and use the Bullfrog Mosquito Coast.
Works great even with no-see-ums.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
Hornetbear

Post by Hornetbear »

the coppertone spray on aerosol is awesome. spf 30. keep it out of your eyes. you can get complete coverage in like 3 seconds. like spray painting. works upside down for your back too.
FishingDL

Post by FishingDL »

Hat - long sleeve shirt - long pants - Copertone SPF 45
Dave
-------------------------------------------------------
Is your fish dripping?

(11-01) 235 - (1-22) 215
Blindmullet

Post by Blindmullet »

Fishing in darkness! "The night time is the right time."
Team Pro Bass "Fishing Legendz"
Chief1600

Post by Chief1600 »

I usr the Coppertone spray on as well. I really hate the mess with the bottles. The spray on is easy to use and not as messy so I tend to use it more consistantly, and its water resistant. Always wear a big hat too.
Jim - snooty elitist

"Of all pursuits mankind has devised to make you look stupid and uncoordinated, fly fishing is unquestionably number one." Jack Ohman, Fear of Fly Fishing
MrSpectaculous

Post by MrSpectaculous »

I use baby sunscreen spf 45+ in a stick and wear long sleeves and majic pants.

A friend who's father has skin cancer reccomends this stuff
http://www.pharmacymix.com/product.aspx ... Lang=EN-US

It's SPF60...but it aint cheap.
I think I can dance.
Bill
Ultimate 14.5
Purple Emotion GS
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

Coppertone SPF50. As bottled sunscreens go, it's about the least greasy type I've used. I haven't had a sunburn in years.
Kingslayer

Post by Kingslayer »

Bullfrog spray.

Doesn't clog your pores and make you overheat.
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

I use the No-Ad SPF 60, it is pretty cheap. lasts all day and keeps my pasty faced ass, whiter than white.
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
Fishaddict
Supporter 2013

Post by Fishaddict »

SPF 45 is minimum.. but my nose ends up very red.

NO AD from walmart is brand I use. I hate spray.
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

If I can find it, Lil Gator 40. This comes from my surfing days. It doesn't wash or rub off in water (doesn't rub off on a surfboard). It's also the best sun block I've found and it's good for sensitive skin (Scotch Irish heritage). The only place (on this coast), I know of that carries it is Suncoast Surf Shop on T.I. If I can't find Lil Gator then it's Bull Frog Surfer formula. Works well, It's not as complete of a sun block though. Still if you're going to get wet, it's better than most anything else I've tried.
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

I have never used sunblock in my entire life. Never had a sunburn in my entire life either.....Possibly the Native American in me, dont know for sure, but I have baked in the sun hours upon hours on the water and never once got burned.
"I tell you now we won't give in
Without a vicious fight, We've been battered and left for dead, We've been beaten and we have bled-Versus the world" ~Amon Amarth
MrSpectaculous

Post by MrSpectaculous »

Rooster wrote:I have never used sunblock in my entire life. Never had a sunburn in my entire life either.....Possibly the Native American in me, dont know for sure, but I have baked in the sun hours upon hours on the water and never once got burned.
It's not the Native American in you it's your age...Wait till your 40 then you will wish you wore sun block....that is if you live to be 40 :lol:
I think I can dance.
Bill
Ultimate 14.5
Purple Emotion GS
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

Mangrove Man (Bill) wrote:that is if you live to be 40 :lol:
Until the end, thats where we begin :wink: . I'm just here making the best out of my time here on this overcrowded planet filled with moral decay. Waiting for the big man to take me home. Weather it be five minutes from now or 90 years from now, it wont bother me. Everybody has their time no matter how much they try to avoid it.
"I tell you now we won't give in
Without a vicious fight, We've been battered and left for dead, We've been beaten and we have bled-Versus the world" ~Amon Amarth
swampy0221

Post by swampy0221 »

I use the Coppertone Sport SPF50. It works really well and isn't as greasy as some others I have tried. Also wear a wide brimmed hat and use Hawaiin Tropic SPF45 lip balm.