The Druid

DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

The Druid

Post by DaveR »

This fly has working well as of late. I tie it unweighted for mudding or cruising reds or lead wire can be added to body and head to get it down a little faster.
Hook. Mustad circle streamer size 4
White buck tail
Krystal flash
Rooster hackle
Mirage eyes
5 minute epoxy for head.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
John
Guv'ner

Re: The Druid

Post by John »

I'll take a half dozen!
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

You tie a lot like Dan Blanton.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch
ChrisR
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by ChrisR »

Nice fly. Do you use a drying wheel for the epoxy, or spin it in the vise until set? I have never used circle hooks with flies. I'm assuming that you don't have any issues with them? Are you able to strip set with them, or do you have to wait until the fish comes tight, and then apply pressure? Thanks.
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Chris I don't have a drying wheel. Guess if I tied a bunch I might get one. The streamer circle hook doesn't have a severe bend to it. The point is upturned and really stays stuck. I pretty much just come tight with the line and thats all it takes.

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

When can I expect delivery I have tailing redfish that are just dying to meet the Druid!
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
ChrisR
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by ChrisR »

Cool.Thanks.
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Been workin Johnny. What's your pleasure?

"SANCTUARY!!!"

rev

Post by rev »

I recognize that vise.
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Indeed sir! Many thanks again!

"SANCTUARY!!!"