1 year

Paying tribute to those we've lost
John
Guv'ner

1 year

Post by John »

Since you left us, the void has not gotten any smaller.
I look forward to meeting you on the other shore,
where we will fish together for all eternity,
Rest in Peace my brother, may the Tarpon be always rolling.
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
justabucup

Re: 1 year

Post by justabucup »

Only good memories!
Credo quia absurdum
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

I recd this e-mail today. Very sincere, Jay certainly touched a lot of lives in his own way.

Hi Todd:

I have been trying to reach someone with your website for days. My name is Barbara Foster, but Jay new me as Toz (short for Toslosky) in high school. We were very good friends and went to each other’s basketball games and Jay was the first boy to hold my hand, Jay took me on my first date (the beach) and I even received my first real kiss from Jay. He was truly an incredible person even back then. In 9th grade he towered over everyone when he would come down the hall, The day after graduation I left for Europe to go to college and then I went into the Navy. But in 1986 I went to work for the Pennekamp Insurance Agency and Jay’s mother was the bookkeeper. The minute I mentioned his name we were friends. One day she handed me her phone and Jay was on the other end. 20 years melted away. He asked me several times to call him as I would often go to the Tampa area, but I never did. I guess I was partly old fashioned and I also was no longer the skinny girl that Jay knew. I was shocked to hear about his connection to fishing as it has been a passion of mine since I was a child. I have been fortunate enough to travel to many countries and live in several. But quite often when I walked along a beach I would think of Jay. I have avoided Facebook forever, but was forced to get on there last Monday. After doing so I put Jay’s name in and was so saddened. But I still saw the Jay that I knew in those eyes. His sense of humor was great and his kindness could never be matched. I would like to either send a check so that you all could purchase several bottles of Bushmills Irish Whisky and some special glasses and toast Jay next Saturday or if it would be alright, I would like to drive over from Flagler Beach and bring it with me. Please let me know…….My cell phone number is xxx and is only turned off if I am in court (I do p/t advocacy) and my home phone number where a message can be left is xxx. I previously tried to send an e-mail to someone called Uncle Tommy and I never could figure out the message system on the website, but that’s just me. Take care………………..Barb Foster
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
Rik

Post by Rik »

Did you tell her she was welcome to come over?
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
TK

Post by TK »

Jay's impact knows no bounds. What an amazing email!

Whiskey tonight in a proper glass in Jay's honor.
"I am trying to catch tarpon, but these snook keep getting in the way!"
shallow minded II

Post by shallow minded II »

Will a Tervis Tumbler be OK, or does it have to be leaded crystal? Miss ya Jay.
I always catch more & larger fish when I fish by myself. Stealth is the key.
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

shallow minded II wrote:Will a Tervis Tumbler be OK, or does it have to be leaded crystal? Miss ya Jay.
As long as it's not plastic.
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Uncle Tommy
Black Tip Tommy

Post by Uncle Tommy »

Please, call me Kate
MrSpectaculous

Post by MrSpectaculous »

There is an article that mentions JB on page 31 of this magazine.
http://www.coastalanglermagazine.com/pu ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I think I can dance.
Bill
Ultimate 14.5
Purple Emotion GS