We lost a good man today

Paying tribute to those we've lost
yohan1973

Post by yohan1973 »

That is sad news. I am glad I had the honor of meeting him and being targeted by his great sense of humor. He will be missed.
Stanley Steemer, carpet cleaner.
ray-uk

Post by ray-uk »

gone but not forgotten jay, was an honor and a pleasure to have known you.

you'll never walk alone.

ray + Janet.
I'm not here to be liked. I do this for the good of the paddle-fishing community.
kneedeep

Post by kneedeep »

I met Jay and Jon way back at the first few Osprey tourneys and used to be on this forum back when they owned it. I think my screen name was Snook Dawg. Any way, GREAT guy!! I was truly saddened when I heard of his passing from a fellow kayak angler.
I wonder if Peter allowed the kayak??!! :D
<SDFT><{
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
John
Guv'ner

Re: We lost a good man today

Post by John »

Tis that time of year, when my thoughts turn to my old partner in crime. 4 years without him and 4 years since smoking a cigarette.
There's been some good times and some new adventures since we parted, but none so good as the ones we shared. Time is the most elastic of things, it stretches out continually, leaving things behind and then snaps back so suddenly as if it were only yesterday.
There's no going back, but the memories survive constant replay, I can still hear his voice as clearly as if he were beside me in the room. I replay old conversations and enjoy the smiles we shared as if they were new.
Giving up cigarettes was probably the hardest thing I've ever done, but it was Jay who gave me the strength to do it, it was from his passing that I drew the strength to get me through the torment.
Now I no longer crave cigarettes but oh how I wish for one more day of Jay's company.

Rest in peace Jay you are gone but never to be forgotten?
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Yup. Ain't "tax time" anymore. Mid April is Jay time.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

Next week, will be 5 years since he passed, hard to believe, its been so long without him among us.
So many other great people have passed since then, and I hope Jay, Captain Mel, MarkM, CookNfish and TerryW are up there holding there own paddle-ins and enjoying the serenity they deserve.
Not many days pass when the old curmudgeon doesn't enter my mind, but when April comes around he's a constant companion.
Although the sense of loss will never disappear the memories now bring more joy than pain.
I'll be raising a paddle to honor him next week, on the 16th :salute:
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
Skeeter

Post by Skeeter »

Raising a paddle and glass of B&B tonight in memory of Jay, Mel, CookN, Mark, and Miss Terry.
Enjoyed the times.
Fishin Worms and Investment Advice Inc.
Uncle Tommy
Black Tip Tommy

Post by Uncle Tommy »

Thanks for the reminder, mate. We have lost some beautiful people. Let us not take for granted our fellow Paddle-Fishing (don't forget the dash) brothers and sisters. For better or worse, we are a family. Too many times we lose a family member with little or no notice. For what it's worth, I loves ya. Even you Leftist Commie Pinkos.

UT
Please, call me Kate
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

A good reminder. I lost a good friend from my high school class this week also. The take away form all this it that tomorrow is not guaranteed so lets make the very best of today.
Uncle Tommy wrote: Even you Leftist Commie Pinkos
Don't know who you could be referring to.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
SushiStalker

Post by SushiStalker »

DRAFT FOR PF LEGACY

https://paddle-fishing.com/forum/viewto ... 2&start=16
https://paddle-fishing.com/category/pf-legacy/

Marion “Jay” Brewington

July 26, 1949 – April 16, 2009

The paddle fishing world lost a good man. Jay "JayB" Brewington passed away after a long battle with cancer.

As the founder of Paddle-Fishing.com, together with his good friend John Callaghan, Jay brought fishermen and fisherwomen of all walks of life together to share the enjoyment of fishing from paddle craft.

Recognized by many as the “Highly Trained Expert”, Jay was quick to offer a hand or provide valuable input to the many newcomers to the sport. His articles and interviews about fishing from kayaks were posted on websites around the world and helped many in their introduction to this wonderful pastime.

Many are blessed to be able to call Jay a friend. Our little corner of the world was a better place because of him.

Thank you, Jay. You will be missed.

More can be shared and seen in the memorial section of the Paddle-Fishing Forum
https://paddle-fishing.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=113