Shamus' big day

shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Shamus' big day

Post by shamus »

Today was the day you put all your time on the water for. 3 Tarpon Hooked 2 landed and several misses -That was one frisky bait.
19 minutes on the first fish Tommy towed me around until she relived then back to the anchor line. I put another bait out and within a few puffs of a good cigar my float was under once again. This time it was a screamer!! I mean line was peeling off my reel an this fish was headed towards the beach. Started to make headway on it and had it to the boat in 5 minutes. A quick release and off she went.
Barnacle gave me a little talking to, he expects every fish to be tossed into Riks boat so he can maul it. For a little dog he has big balls!!
So now I have 2 fish boated in under an hour.
After checking my leader and seeing it was well worn I tossed out another bait. My hands were a bit shaky and tying another leader just wasn't going to happen, Besides, what are the odds of hooking up again. They're 100%. FLoat goes under line is headed to Mexico at a radio pace and I had a brain fart and just couldn't unhook my anchor line fast enough. Finally free myself and started worying about getting spooled when the tarpon wore through the leader(Exactly what I wanted).
https://www.facebook.com/#!/thomas.coff ... =2&theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rik has the money shot I hope!

Now its time for a PSA -DON"T DO THIS ALONE!!!! HAVE THE RIGHT GEAR AND ALWAYS REVIVE THE FISH!!!
Thanks to Rik , Barnacle and Tommy
0 0 1
Rik

Re: C'mon. I need some paddle fishing stories!

Post by Rik »

ImageImageImage

All I could do was watch.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Post by shamus »

All I could do was watch.
That's not really true.I only do this with a handful of guys. If something went woefully wrong I count on you to laugh your ass off at me. Now Camille counts on you saving my ass :wink:
0 0 1
Rik

Post by Rik »

shamus wrote:Now Camille counts on you saving my ass :wink:
Only after we laugh at you a bit.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Re: Shamus' big day

Post by shamus »

Yup
0 0 1
Uncle Tommy
Black Tip Tommy

Post by Uncle Tommy »

Hell of a morning, my friends. I enjoyed the company, the banter, and the show. Twas the perfect elixir for grieving an old dog.

We have a special thing here.

See ya in 6 days and 7 hours.

http://youtu.be/35M4Q5Szue8

http://youtu.be/rHpmvnDemEA
Please, call me Kate
shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Post by shamus »

Please note the PSA in my post.
Maybe next time I'll take my own advise!!!! :oops:
0 0 1