Doa Tournament 2015

krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Doa Tournament 2015

Post by krash »

OK, its coming up fast... who all is going ?

I'll be there, but no time to pre-fish and not staying over Friday nite due to lack of funding, will be driving up 1:35 min drive for me, Firday for checkin and captains meeting, then home to load and tie on first light baits.. and back again in the at pre-dawn hours to fish.
May actually skip out of the meeting early if Mark is long winded, about the only variable each year is what "safe light" start time is agreed upon, so someone please post that up after/during the meeting.

Thinking of a couple spots off of Jensen Bch. causeway to fish the day of, East side vs West side -- but will depend on the wind. Don't really expect to win or GAF if I do, just looking forward to fishing and seeing some fishing friends that I only see once a year or so at events like this one.

Whats your thoughts ?
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~
sfurman
Supporter 2010 - 2013

Re: Doa Tournament 2015

Post by sfurman »

Good luck! :salute:
My posts are my opinion only.
Steve
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by krash »

Not a lot of chatter and or trash talking whats up with that ?

Looks like many of the regulars may not be participating... hope to meet some new faces this year, I've only missed a couple over the past 10 years.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

gatordave

Post by gatordave »

I will be there. Not sure who else is going.
Rik

Post by Rik »

Tell us all about it when it's done.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

From my perspective, it used to be a fun get away for the weekend. The last time I fished it though, some kid won and he had a damn cast net in the back of his truck. I missed out by one inch of not making a legal slam and got squat. The prize structure has always been on the somewhat "lame" side.

Good luck.
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by krash »

I like the tournament....

But again this year I was beat by a girl who happens to be a very good fisherperson "Jean McElroy", of the 140 anglers she is the only one who caught a slam.

Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

The fact that all fish need to be legal make getting a slam very tough on days when the fish do not want to cooperate.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM