Nature Coast Kayak Fishing Club..... NEW!!

fordee9r

Nature Coast Kayak Fishing Club..... NEW!!

Post by fordee9r »

For some time now, I've seen some interest in a kayak fishing club in the Nature Coast area. I decided to do something about it and started putting out feelers to local kayak dealers for support. I contacted Wind & Watersports in NPR who referred me to Gill Dawg in Port Richey. It appears that Gill Dawg is in the process of buying Wind & Watersport, so this afternoon I went to Gill Dawg to check them out. They have quite an operation there... check their website "www.gilldawg.com".

They are very interested in hosting a kayak fishing club so now it's up to us. Is there really enough interest in forming a new club? If you are interested, please post here or message me. I'm new to the sport so I hope some veterans will step up to provide some leadership.

If enough interest is shown, I'll arrange an outing on a Saturday or Sunday morning (please state your preference) followed by an organizational meeting.
"We may not have all come over on the Mayflower but we're all in the same boat now!"
BTrain

Re: Nature Coast Kayak Fishing Club..... NEW!!

Post by BTrain »

Hey there fordee9r,
I'm in Port Richey - always interested in gettin on the water - no preferance Sat/Sun, but I'd attend :thumbleft:
Best thing about being older: I did most of my stupid stuff before the internet!
fordee9r

Post by fordee9r »

Thanks BTrain!You're the first to make a firm commitment. Now if we can get a few more.....
"We may not have all come over on the Mayflower but we're all in the same boat now!"
LHolman

Post by LHolman »

Hey Rik, I would be interested in the Kayak Club since I live in Port Richey now. Can help get them started if they need help. please have them contact me or get me the info to contact whoever for it.

Larry Holman
fordee9r

Post by fordee9r »

ORGANIZATIONAL MEETING: Sunday, November 16th, 9:30 AM at Gill Dawg's in Port Richey. For directions, go to http://www.gilldawg.com or plug 5419 Treadway Drive into your GPS.

All things pertaining to the club will be open for discussion and a vote. This way WE can make the club what WE want it to be!

After the meeting, we can launch our yaks and go out fishing for as long as we wish. I'm sure someone on the staff can suggest some spots to target.

Any questions? Post them here, message me or email me "[email protected]". Hope to see you there..................

Ron
BTrain

Post by BTrain »

OK, got it marked on da calendar! :thumbleft:
Best thing about being older: I did most of my stupid stuff before the internet!
fordee9r

Post by fordee9r »

The next meeting is set for Thursday, December 11th at 7:00 PM. Again, we'll meet at "Gill Dawg's", 5419 Treadway Drive in Port Richey.

We don't have dues or officers, just people who enjoy paddle fishing! Come to the meeting, make some new fishing buddies and help plan a group outing.

Need more info? Email me at "[email protected]" or phone (727) 940-3804 and leave a message.
BTrain

Post by BTrain »

I'll be there - hopefully with 2 friend :wink:
LHolman

Post by LHolman »

Be there myself, hope to see more there then the last one.
LHolman

Post by LHolman »

The next meeting will be 8 Jan.2015 at 7pm at Gill Dawgs. Hope too see you there.