We lost another great one on Monday

Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

We lost another great one on Monday

Post by Todd »

Terry Stetson Wilson "TerryW" passed away unexpectedly Monday night.

Terry was one of a kind and a very special person. Full of life and a joy. She will be dearly missed by many, she was a special part of our paddle fishing community.

You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
justabucup

Re: We lost another great one on Monday

Post by justabucup »

The official weather girl will certainly be missed.
Credo quia absurdum
Uncle Tommy
Black Tip Tommy

Post by Uncle Tommy »

Terry was one of the original cool chicks of the paddle fishing community. Who didn't love her?

Our prayers go out to Christopher and Linzy.
Please, call me Kate
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Well written Tom. I'll miss those hugs.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
saltwater_cowboy
Supporter 2007 - 2013

Post by saltwater_cowboy »

Going to miss her weather updates, Anna Maria Island sunset pics in my FB feed and cheering for the Rays. A super lady indeed with a lifelong involvement in\dedication to local and statewide civics\politics. RIP Terry
Mark

Here fishy, fishy, fishy......
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

A rare woman indeed, full of compassion and passionate about her beliefs, a gal who could hang with the guys while always remaining very much a lady. A believer in commuity and an example for us all in how to give back and support the place we call home.

She was a wonderful host and someone I feel honored to have known and made her friendship.

I'm deeply saddened at a life cut so cruely short. She will be sorely, missed by all who knew her.

May she rest in peace.
Last edited by John on Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
Rik

Post by Rik »

John wrote: a gal who could hang with the guys while always remaining very much a lady.
Well said John.

Terry was always fun to be around. She was one of the very few members here who would show up at the Pic n' Sips after a PFTS even though she had not competed. She enjoyed hanging with the gang. Fishing with her, though I only did it a few times, was always fun as every fish she caught was as if it was the first fish she caught. Except catfish.

A firm defender of her personal and political beliefs who could discuss them while respecting a different opinion than hers. She moved my opinion on a few things. I know there are several organizations in this state, especially one organization for gifted students, that will dearly miss her dedication and drive.

I feel fortunate for having met her.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Vlap

Post by Vlap »

Woke up to this news. Im still in a state of shock and denial. Thinking back to all the good fishing trips with her. Getting stuck in the mangroves, rays jumping, a pompano smacking her face with its tail,manatees loving the flippers on her hobie, laughing at me when I caught yet another lizard fish. She found joy in all of it. Always a laugh to be had and a joy to be around. A tragic loss to be sure. She will be dearly missed.
"It's always an adventure! " Cooknfish.
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

I don't know where to begin. Its with a heavy, heavy heart that I write this. Terry was one of the first people I met through kayak fishing. When I joined the CFKA (Central Florida Kayak Anglers) Club 12 years ago, Terry was always at our meetings wanting to learn more about catching fish from a kayak. She made it to all of our outings and special events. She became a really good fisherman since that beginning.

On a more personal note, she was a great friend to me. When my wife Vicki had her heart attack, Terry showed up at the hospital with a care package, the kind of care package my mom would have made me. It really lifted me up out of a really dark place and for that I'm eternally grateful. More recently she had offered to help me find a doctor that could help me with a diagnosis of my condition. I just talked with her last week.

She was a very special person and I will miss her greatly.
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Ahhh Man, no way. Terry was a special person, a lot of fun to fish with and hang out with! She will be missed by a lot of people.
Any word on services?
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Vlap wrote:Woke up to this news. Im still in a state of shock and denial. Thinking back to all the good fishing trips with her. Getting stuck in the mangroves, rays jumping, a pompano smacking her face with its tail,manatees loving the flippers on her hobie, laughing at me when I caught yet another lizard fish. She found joy in all of it. Always a laugh to be had and a joy to be around. A tragic loss to be sure. She will be dearly missed.
Jeff remember the ray and the helmet?
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Vlap

Post by Vlap »

Oh yes. Her call to immediately afterwards was probably the only time I ever heard her curse out loud.
"It's always an adventure! " Cooknfish.
Paul
PFTS SPONSOR
PFTS SPONSOR

Post by Paul »

Rest in Peace Terry
She added a little class to our fishing community.
It is a sad day
Paul Silvernail
"Pimpin' ain't easy....but it's neccessary"
Skeeter

Post by Skeeter »

Wow what a shock.
I always enjoyed fishing with Terry, and I always enjoyed her company. When I got tired she was still casting. Always smiling and just happy to be on the water regardless of the conditions.
I got an email from her last week and again we talked about getting out when the water warmed a little. Makes me think about how many time we have said that over the last couple years and didn't do it.
I'll miss you Miss Terry, and thank you for your friendship.
Fishin Worms and Investment Advice Inc.
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by Norm »

Oh my how we argued....neither of us willing to change....but oh how I respected her for just who she was. In a very odd way during one of our discussions....she just looked at me and said..."your just like my brother!" I took it as a compliment since I knew she loved him, but disagreed with his republican politics. I will miss you so much Terry.

Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by krash »

Very sorry and surprised to hear this... Terri is one of the true paddle fishing people I met in the fishing world. I wish the best to her family.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~