Volunteer Call out for Help-Heroes on The Water 03/30

Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Volunteer Call out for Help-Heroes on The Water 03/30

Post by Todd »

Heroes on The Water-Tampa Bay Chapter will be having there first outing of 2013 on Saturday 03/30 at Ft Desoto.

We need some volunteer help for this event and, more than likely, in the future. Specifically what we need are volunteers who can take an injured warrior fishing and have an extra kayak, or two. You will need to provide some of your gear for use by the veterans.

These events are a lot of fun and you will walk away with a "I did good" feeling. Just ask anyone else who has volunteered in the past.

If you can help please send me a PM with your phone # so that I can call and discuss with you what we need and what will be expected of each volunteer.

Thanks very much in advance.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
Heywood

Re: Volunteer Call out for Help-Heroes on The Water 03/30

Post by Heywood »

Come on folks, we need some help with this event.

Forget about the feeling you will get by helping, think about those that will be attending. We have vets coming out for the first time, some of these guys don’t even want to leave their house, much less get in a plastic boat and go fishing. Think about you how they feel.

By getting these guys out on the water, we are showing them that they can do things they might have thought were impossible.

If you can help out with a spare kayak, contact either Todd or myself.

Thanks
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by Norm »

I plan on attending.
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

WTF?! A lot of talk and no action. If this comes off wrong I apologize up front.

When we started Heroes on the Water guys came out of the woodwork with "Let me know I want to help", after every event guys say to me "Anytime, please let me know I want to help". I publicly ask for help, somewhat plead for help and I receive three PM's-Thanks John, Bill and Tom. That is it, three friggin guys out of hundreds.

Due to unfortunate circumstances-surgeries, work, etc. Three long time volunteers who normally supply 5 kayaks cannot attend on March 30th. We have 9 veterans signed up for this upcoming Saturday, as of today I have 5 kayaks and 4 volunteers-Rik, Norm, Heywood and myself. Do the simple math and you will see we could really use some help.

Seriously, no one else here can donate a 1/2 day of their time, their kayak and a fishing rod to give back to those who gave to us? It is not that difficult, show up at Ft Desoto, take a veteran fishing for a few hours, get a hot dog or hamburger when you are done and then go home.

We cannot wait until the day before to plan these events. If you can help us out please let me know, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
sfcscott

Post by sfcscott »

PM Sent
Scott
Matt

Post by Matt »

I work weekends so I can't attend.
I have a wilderness commander 120 and gear
That you are welcome to if you need it.
sfcscott

Post by sfcscott »

I am in. I will have my Jackson Cuda for me to use and another Jackson Cuda and a Native Ultimate 12 that can be used by the Vets. I also have another Jackson Cuda 12 and a Ocean Prowler 13 that can be used I just cannot transport them because I do not have a trailer. If someone has a trailer that will hold 5 kayaks I can bring them all. Let met me know. I will also bring 6 rod and reel combos and a crap load of tackle.
Scott
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

Thanks Scott. I will call you tomorrow.
BigFlyReel
Supporter 2011 - 2013

Post by BigFlyReel »

Todd,

Since I responded directly via email, I didn't think I needed to post here, too. Robert and I will be there. I've already been in touch with Bill about an extra kayak.

Greg
____

Native "Slayer Propel 13"
Native "Ultimate 12"
Frogman

Post by Frogman »

Hope everything goes good for your outing. I am the chapter coordinator for the "Mass Bay" chapter up in the Boston area. I am having the opposite problem. Hard time finding our wounded soldiers. Going to be putting on an event in early June

Yes I do lurk here a lot :)
Deek
Supporter 2011 - 2014
Supporter 2011 - 2014

Post by Deek »

I would love to come out and help but I'll be in Jensen at the DOA event. Keep me in mind, would like to get involved in future events.
Jackson, Big Rig
yakanglr

Post by yakanglr »

Frogman wrote:Hope everything goes good for your outing. I am the chapter coordinator for the "Mass Bay" chapter up in the Boston area. I am having the opposite problem. Hard time finding our wounded soldiers. Going to be putting on an event in early June

Yes I do lurk here a lot :)
Hey Frogman can you keep me posted on this? What are the dates? I have a couple of Tournaments in June; Fluke Til Ya Puke and Stars and Stripers. I would like to volunteer to help if its an open date for me.

Do you wanty me to get the word out in the Lil Rhody Community about your event? I know a few case managers over at Operation Stand Down Rhode Island.

Thanks,
Aquidneck Island Striper Team
2010 AIST Most Improved Angler
2012 AIST Striped Bass of the Year
Skull and Bones Fishing Club
sfcscott

Post by sfcscott »

Todd, my neighbor Richard will be coming with me on Saturday and is bring an extra kayak. Between him and I we will have 3 extra kayaks.
Scott
sfcscott

Post by sfcscott »

We will need an anchor and paddle for one of the kayaks we are bringing. Does anyone have extras or should we leave one of the kayaks at home? Let me know.
Scott
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

I have both.

This will be the Tampa Bay HOW chapters largest event to date. Thanks to all the volunteers who are helping make it happen.

The weather looks great!
sfcscott

Post by sfcscott »

Can you tell me exactly where we will be meeting up at again. Thanks.
Scott