What are you doing Saturday?

Rik

What are you doing Saturday?

Post by Rik »

Come out and fish in the PFCS!

Beautiful weather - mid 70's, light single digit wind speeds, 0% chance of rain.

4 tide day with good water movement in Upper Tampa Bay

Free lures AND you get to meet the lure maker AND you get free lessons on how to fish the lures.

Pic n' Sip afterwards being held at Bar Fly. This is one of those places that when you tell folks you've been there, they'll think you have an extra dose of cool. Plus, Jeff Harrell, the chief bottle washer at Bar Fly, has promised something special for us which will mean you have two extra doses of cool.

The Pic n' Sip is a chance to meet, hang out with and tell fishing lies to fellow Paddle-Fishing.com members. I'd even bet that if you corner ChrisR, he'll reluctantly give you the secrets to his ladyfish catching success. There should be a special admission charge just for that!

All this for $5. You could even win a couple hundred $$$ if it's your lucky day

I don't know how anyone would pass that up. But if you have to stay home and tend to your mother-in-law's ingrown toenail or sooth the oak tree in your front yard that is suffering separation anxiety after one of it's limb fell off or spend the day cleaning disposable diapers because you want everyone to believe you're earth conscious (we all know you're just cheap) we might understand. But we will talk about you.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Re: What are you doing Saturday?

Post by jbdba01 »

Barring a work booty call (WBC) my plan is to find as much wind as possible and paddle into it - that's where the fish are.

Then I'm going to use a sharpie to draw a bunch of spots on the redfish - either that or photoshop. Whatever it takes to keep "Juggie" the pf.com Jug.

Juggie has changed my life for the better. I go into Hooters and everyone is like - check out the jug that guy has. Heard some people whispering - "Probably fake. No way it could be that big." Even my wife has become jealous of the jug - are you going out again with "Juggie"? All the neighbors call me up - "Hey can Juggie and you go out? Bring his lid."

One night Juggie called me up in a drunken stupor..."Dude...I'm so wasted. I was hanging with some mugs and steins and what not, next thing I know I'm at Yeehaw Junction Come get me bro. Oh God I'm gonna puke...."

It's just one party after another with Juggie.
JB
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

YOU HAVE MY JUG. I WANT IT BACK. MAKE SURE ITS CLEAN FOR ME ON SATURDAY. :cool:
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
mauso1
Supporter 2007 - 2013

Post by mauso1 »

No kayak transportation or I would...
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Post by shamus »

Due to my generous nature I lent my kayak to Manning. Poor bastard doesn't stand a chance of catching anything with the bad MOJO on that yak.
0 0 1
DoubleM

Post by DoubleM »

Wish I could make it, been wanting to check out the famous NOTE Bar Fly. Have fun guys and good luck :-B
Mark .aka. Man of Purpose. Original Chincy Jones

Ultimate 14.5 sand & blue Indian River Outdoorsman.

The jig is up and weedless.
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

shamus wrote:Due to my generous nature I lent my kayak to Manning. Poor bastard doesn't stand a chance of catching anything with the bad MOJO on that KAYAK.
Given how I have done on my last two trips UTB I don't think the kayak MOJO can hurt a thing.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Post by jbdba01 »

Heywood wrote:YOU HAVE MY JUG. I WANT IT BACK. MAKE SURE ITS CLEAN FOR ME ON SATURDAY. :cool:
Bill...Billl...Bill...I have some news for you. Whatever relationship you had with Juggie - it's over. Sure you had the endless weekends thinking what can I store in Juggie. Where will we go? Should I take Juggie fishing? What if Juggie gets wet and all the ink comes off? These are all parts of a normal relationship with a jug. I'm sure it was great while it lasted.

However, Juggie has moved on. So should you. If you look status on Juggie's Facebook page it's single.

http://www.facebook.com/jug.pfish.7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sorry Bill to break that to you via the internet...but you'll always have CRB.
JB
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

John,

Its not good to poke the bear. :cool:
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Post by jbdba01 »

See you Saturday- how about a friendly wager of smallest red buys the other guy a cold adult beverage?
Last edited by jbdba01 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
JB
TRKpoker

Post by TRKpoker »

Bahhaaaaaa....... :cheers:
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

Being that I have been the caretaker for Juggie for many years making sure he showed up at every event and what not the recent travels he is taking scare me. See, Juggie led a relatively calm life until recently where it seems he has been persuaded to some very dark side travels. Be careful John, Juggie is still a minor so the penalties are much steeper if you get caught.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

jbdba01 wrote:Image

See you Saturday- how about a friendly wager of smallest red buys the other guy a cold adult beverage?

Youre on.
Rik

Post by Rik »

Oh, I suspect that Juggie is far from being 'inexperienced' just judging by the company it has kept for periods of it's life. Todd, Juggie probably considered its time with you as R&R before it went on another wild excursion.

Oh the stories it could tell if it could talk.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

Battling over the smallest redfish. Could not pick any better rat red catchers than you two. :lol:
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
TRKpoker

Post by TRKpoker »

I am holding a tournament April 14 down here in Miami and this little back and forth has inspired me. We are going to have a smallest trout prize but now I am thinking prize plus award. Our own little Juggie idea. I am thinking the Guppy Award.