GT Knot

DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Re: GT Knot

Post by DaveR »

No tarpon today but it worked on a world record bonita.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Post by shamus »

Just tied up my tarpon rod Damn thats nice!
0 0 1
TRKpoker

Post by TRKpoker »

OK this knot has been tested and only failure was my fault. Using 20lb braid to 25lb flouro and zero failures so far. Several leaders have caught over 20 fish. Only one that broke was at the knot (just below) and the knot was perfect the leader was cut, I believe, by a tail slap. I have broken off several hooks and all broke at the hook's knot rather than leader to braid knot. Frankly I have not learned a new knot that replaced my old knots in over 10 years. This will be my only leader/braid knot from now on.
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

I have been using it since the original posting, no failures thus far.
Even using it on my ultralight freshwater set up, with 5lb PP and 8lb leader, just added a few more wraps and a locking knots.

Have landed a lot of big reds on my inshore set up, I'll hopefully be testing the Tarpon rigs next week.
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

100 pound plus tarpon this morning on it. I have hooked 8 so far and have yet to have a failure.Knot failure that is.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

I was using a version of that knot when I landed my tarpon 2 weeks ago.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Looks easy enough and I will be testing it out.
Just" remember not to fart while people are recording"