Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club and Pro Staff

Rik

Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club and Pro Staff

Post by Rik »

Introducing the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club. If you are a member of the site, as an added benefit, you are automatically a member of the club. The Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club is the largest kayak & canoe anglers club in the state of Florida and, I'm pretty sure but not positive, the universe. If you'd like, you may opt out of this club by sending an email to [email protected]

The PF.com K&CAC (working on a better acronym or at least one that can be pronounced phonetically) will also have an Exalted Pro Staff (EPS, not to be confused with ESP). These will be people who have paddled, or have witnessed one being paddled, a kayak or a canoe at least once. Since this Pro Staff will also be required do have some competency in fishing, this is an anglers club after all, a Pro Staff member will be required to know the difference between a snook and a manatee (hint, one has a BLACK stripe).

To become a member of the Exalted Pro Staff you will have to certify verbally to a spouse, pet, neighbor, significant other or some guy on the street that you meet these requirements. If you find that any of those laugh at your certification, we will accept your promise that you looked at yourself in the mirror and certified your eligibility and did so without laughing.

Once you have certified your eligibility, you must say out loud "I want to be appointed to the PF.comK&CAC Exalted Pro Staff". Once you say that out loud, listen real closely and you may or may not hear an "Okay, you're in" response. Regardless of whether you hear the response, rest assured that it was given. I promise, trust me. You may show your appointment by proudly announcing in your signature line:

"Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club"

This Exalted Pro Staff standing allows you to list your status in resumes, corporate bios, 'about the author' descriptions, as an added kick in your pick up lines at the bar and might also help you jump the long lines at the Post Office during the holidays.

So, welcome to the club and I'll be listening closely for your appointment requests!
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Re: Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club and Pro St

Post by DaveR »

That's funny right there.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Redfisher

Post by Redfisher »

Careful now. You'll have every DB wannabe guide or "outdoor writer" lining up to add another thing to his list of hokey credentials.
I've seen it happen. :roll:
BTW, I just swore in, then I spun around three times in the mirror with the lights out and saw Bloody Mary. :D
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

Redfisher wrote:Careful now. You'll have every DB wannabe guide or "outdoor writer" lining up to add another thing to his list of hokey credentials.
I've seen it happen. :roll:
BTW, I just swore in, then I spun around three times in the mirror with the lights out and saw Bloody Mary. :D
I was just sayin the same thing.

This is great Rik. When will you be taking applications for forum moderator? That'll look sweet on my resume. :cool:
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
dunfly

Post by dunfly »

When do I get my certificate?
“You don’t ever want a crisis to go to waste....” — Rahm Emanuel
"Freedom!" - Sir William Wallace
Who is John Galt?
ZeroSix

Post by ZeroSix »

In! My fishing partner confirms, so help me God.

“Buda! Wanna see the best thing about owning a Hobie???”

18 March - Eric Bell Memorial

Hobie Outback - Moss "Ole Blue"
Hobie Pro Angler - Dune "Big Phaddy"

Sr. Vice President ExPS-Elite -PFK-CaC
ChrisR
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by ChrisR »

I feel......so...........SUPERIOR!
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

Wowaaaa.....I have a Title......
What 's the Secret Handshake??????
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
Rik

Post by Rik »

It is nice too see the ranks of the Exalted Pro Staff grow! It won't be long before the largest kayak & canoe angling club in Florida also has the largest Exalted Pro Staff in Florida.

I did some checking and in order to be a proper club, we need to have a Board of Directors so we'll need a President, Vice President and Secretary. Without any dues, we won't need a Treasurer. That would be unnecessary and merely a figurehead position. I took a vote among the original club member before yesterday's announcement and it was agreed that each of the three positions would be held by one or more people on a rotating basis based on the second letter of your screen name. For those with numeric screen names, consider that number written as a word to determine with letter group you fall in.

Monday

President - those with a second letter of A through H
Vice President - those with a second letter of I through Q
Secretary - those with a second letter of R through Z

Tuesday

President - those with a second letter of R through Z
Vice President - those with a second letter of A through H
Secretary - those with a second letter of I through Q

Wednesday

President - those with a second letter of I through Q
Vice President - those with a second letter of R through Z
Secretary - those with a second letter of A through H

Thursday follows Monday's order
Friday follows Tuesday's order
Saturday follows Wednesday's order
Sunday we all rest. Or go fishing. Or watch NASCAR.

So, not only are we the largest kayak & canoe angling club in Florida, we soon will have the largest Exalted Pro Staff in Florida and, I'll have to check, will probably have the largest Board of Directors of any kind of club in Florida. Please don't forget to add this Board of Director designation to your resumes, corporate bios and 'about the author' descriptions. If you use it as part of a pick up line, please do so only when wearing a clean shirt. We have an image to protect!
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
EZYLYF
King of Broken Fly Rods

Post by EZYLYF »

Where do horses fit in?
ZeroSix

Post by ZeroSix »

Rik,

In all seriousness - I think you may have left off some key positions in your haste to get the word out. Therefore, I would like to nominate the following members with the following OFFICIAL titles within the organization:

BigFlyReel as the Exalted JuniorBaiter (EJB)
DaveR as the Exalted SeniorBaiter (ESB)

and.... wait for it...... drum roll please…

Heywood as the Exalted MasterBaiter (EMB) of the PFK-CaC!

Could I get a second please?
“Buda! Wanna see the best thing about owning a Hobie???”

18 March - Eric Bell Memorial

Hobie Outback - Moss "Ole Blue"
Hobie Pro Angler - Dune "Big Phaddy"

Sr. Vice President ExPS-Elite -PFK-CaC
Rik

Post by Rik »

Well, Zerosix, you are co-President today.......
rugrat181
Supporter 2011 - 2014
Supporter 2011 - 2014

Post by rugrat181 »

Rik, Just wanted you all to know that I waited till my wife sat across from me at my desk. As I described my desired position on the pro staff she burst out in laughter. At this point, after reading the requirements I felt it was time to add my new title to my signature.
Thanks for the creativity. !! hoping to fish with some of the club members one of these days.
rugrat.
It's 5 o'clock somewhere. Let's celebrate !!

Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club"

Dave S
Rik

Post by Rik »

rugrat181 wrote: hoping to fish with some of the club members one of these days.
rugrat.
Net Saturday's PFTS #1 is right in your back yard
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by krash »

Sweet.. I had my free rabbi Notary friend swear me in yesterday evening at Sunset while facing East, I'm finally in a club
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~
justabucup

Post by justabucup »

WOW all these people lining up to be on a "Pro's Staff". Que the Chp n Dale's dance music.
Credo quia absurdum