Cross Bayou access

scyharris

Cross Bayou access

Post by scyharris »

Was wanting to take the canoe out this Wed or Thurs and fish Cross Bayou. I know that some put in at Park Street and leave there cars there. However, can you put in on the east side of the Baypines bridge and paddle in from the south? That seems like a much safer place to place to leave a vehicle. Besides, I have heard that they are going to start ticketing cars left on the grass on Park Street. Any help would be appreciated!!

Scott
Sully

Post by Sully »

I have never had any problem parking along Starkey extension (Park St.) but haven't been there since last winter. I did notice that they have changed things on the east side of the bay pines bridge to apparently make it difficult to park and launch there.
TRUE
Fishaddict
Supporter 2013

Post by Fishaddict »

Sully,
They do ticket parking on the east end of the Bay Pines Bridge. Best bet is to launch at War Memorial Park, Its 2 dollars to park if you don't have a trailer $6 if you do. and then proceed in the the bayou.

Good Luck [/img]
Last edited by Fishaddict on Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[b][i]Have Boat ... Will Fish[/i][/b]
Chris.G

Post by Chris.G »

I tried to talk the folks at the KOA to let us park over there and use thier ramp. no-go. I have not seen anyone get tickets on the side of park st. ..It is'nt the safest launch due to cars whizzzing by you at 65mph whilst you load/unload.
Giant- size
~ Good friends will come and bail you out of jail...Best friends will be sitting next to you saying, "Man, that was fun."~
snooker56

Post by snooker56 »

There is another option. Put in at the Cajun Cafe ramp (Park Blvd. west of Wagon Wheel Flea Market). I think they charge, though.
"Bugman" Tom

Heritage Redfish 14
Chevy Silverado
Sully

Post by Sully »

The cajun cafe is off limits (at least it was last time I tried...some time ago). I guess the guy had some issues and now prohibits anyone from launching there.
TRUE
paddlaroun

Post by paddlaroun »

There are no fish in Cross Bayou. So just move on and forget a out fishing there. The put in at War Veterans is a long paddle back to the good spots in the bayou. The one on Bay Pines by the Seminole bridge has had break INS but been a while since I have heard of any. Park street while on a busy road is still the best place to access the bayou as with places like Cajun cafe private property and insurance legalities make owners nervous about allowing access. There is some county property green space that is on Joes Creek I hope before I go to the great bayou in the sky they open that up as a park or something. I know the city of Seminole shut down the parking close to the Park street bridge I hope that is the end of what they plan to do but if I heard they were going to do the same there I would have to go to that meeting to put in my 2 cents worth.
Dan Native 12
"Sleep in fish late"

"I know the waters cold! Wet your hand anyway!!!"
scyharris

Post by scyharris »

You are right. There are no fish there (wink wink) Was there this past Wednesday and saw JM Snooky has already launched. Wind was blowing like crazy but was able to tuck in behind some mangroves. Park Street was no problem. Thanks for the help guys!!!
Scott