drinking beer while Kayaking

Groupdog

drinking beer while Kayaking

Post by Groupdog »

legal or illegal?
Last edited by Groupdog on Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woah woah woah ... Guys.
I'm just like you. I put my pants on one leg at a time.
except, once my pants are on, I make gold records.

more cowbell
Hooked

Post by Hooked »

Fall out of the boat and drown?
Lou aka 'Hooked'

Now Adam's prize was open eyes
His sentence was to see
Day by day, he's worn away
Against reality
justabucup

Post by justabucup »

Alcohol is the fuel for the two stroke engine. Just don't run it too rich or you could burnout.
Credo quia absurdum
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Must be the libertarian in me but I never, ever, pondered that question.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Groupdog

Post by Groupdog »

I have never drank while fishing on the kayak because i fish almost everyday before work m-f but i could see how on a saturday-sunday it might be nice to have a cold beer while out on the water for X amount of hours so i was just curious if anyone had any info on the subject, granted 2 beers isnt gonna throw me over the limit but watch there be some open container law for a boat or something like that. On the flipside how many people have ever been stopped by the marine patrol while on a kayak. Its not like they can just sneak up on ya in most of the places i fish. I was just seeing if anyone had any experices with this...
Woah woah woah ... Guys.

more cowbell
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

I don't know how many hundreds of hours I've spent fishing from a kayak. I have not been stopped once. Pretty sad if you ask me. Let me come to a rolling stop or have my windows tinted too dark though.....
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Paul
PFTS SPONSOR
PFTS SPONSOR

Post by Paul »

justabucup wrote:Alcohol is the fuel for the two stroke engine. Just don't run it too rich or you could burnout.
Runnin' lean usually is what causes them to blow

Operating a motorized boat is the same as operating a car in the laws eyes

I have always felt it no drinking while boating was more of a guideline than a law.

do we have any law enforcement officers that can help out
Paul Silvernail
"Pimpin' ain't easy....but it's neccessary"
Groupdog

Post by Groupdog »

yep i can see it now.. one day when i have a son he will call me from jail.."dad can you come bail me out of jail" what for son " I got a KUI" actually with my luck the police will show up at my door we are sorry to inform you your son is dead he was kayaking under the influence and he tried to paddle away,we had no alternative but to run him over with our boat. lol.. See him on an episodes of Cops...Upper Tampa Bay edition. We have a suspect in a yellow kayak we attempted to pull over and he just kept paddling we are now going to attempt to pit him with our 30 foot Donzi shots fired shots fired suspect is now apparently trying to cast a spook jr at us so we have him for attempted murder as well.......use lethal force and take him out....
Woah woah woah ... Guys.

more cowbell
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

They will issue tickets for failure to use the shift key.

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Groupdog

Post by Groupdog »

But i got away with run-on sentences and improper punctuation :-)
Woah woah woah ... Guys.

more cowbell
Redfisher

Post by Redfisher »

Last edited by Redfisher on Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trash.can.slam

Post by trash.can.slam »

Kayak beers are just like the Spook Jr. You should never hit the water without at least 2 of them.
Chris.G

Post by Chris.G »

I have a hard time loading the keg onto my kayak.
Giant- size
~ Good friends will come and bail you out of jail...Best friends will be sitting next to you saying, "Man, that was fun."~
AnglerDrew

Post by AnglerDrew »

Groupdog wrote:yep i can see it now.. one day when i have a son he will call me from jail.."dad can you come bail me out of jail" what for son " I got a KUI" actually with my luck the police will show up at my door we are sorry to inform you your son is dead he was kayaking under the influence and he tried to paddle away,we had no alternative but to run him over with our boat. lol.. See him on an episodes of Cops...Upper Tampa Bay edition. We have a suspect in a yellow kayak we attempted to pull over and he just kept paddling we are now going to attempt to pit him with our 30 foot Donzi shots fired shots fired suspect is now apparently trying to cast a spook jr at us so we have him for attempted murder as well.......use lethal force and take him out....
That would make a good comic.
[color=#FFFF00]!!!malibu stealth-12!!!

a bad day fishing is still better than a good day working[/color]

Post by 0119 »

Isnt the question more like what brand to drink........ I vote Amstel Light myself, even if I only have an Old Milwauke wallet.
Mako

Post by Mako »

I've been stopped 3 times by FWC to check papers, catch, etc. and have seen others being stopped. I think it's good that it happens.

About the drinking, I just don't do it on or off the kayak
Peter
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160