drinking beer while Kayaking

Groupdog

Post by Groupdog »

Mako, you were stopped while on the kayak? Im curious as to where that happened
Woah woah woah ... Guys.
I'm just like you. I put my pants on one leg at a time.
except, once my pants are on, I make gold records.

more cowbell
Mako

Post by Mako »

once while on the kayak at Weedon Island and have seen others being stopped at this location too (near the power plant)...twice as I was getting off the water at 4th St and Dunedin Causeway.
Peter
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
TerryW

Post by TerryW »

Mako wrote:I've been stopped 3 times by FWC to check papers, catch, etc. and have seen others being stopped. I think it's good that it happens.

About the drinking, I just don't do it on or off the kayak
Stopped three times by the FWC? You must look like a foreigner.
:lol:
35/34.5/26 24/22/1/1

I finally found Cow Creek. It's at the end of the Road to Nowhere!
seeinred

Post by seeinred »

I was stopped the second time I was ever out in my kayak at 4th st. about 3 years ago. Haven't been stopped once since then.
For more kayak fishing reports, tips, and fishing charters please visit;
http://tampabaykayakcharters.com/

Spencer
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

If drinking while kayaking is wrong, I don't want to be right.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

I've been stopped a bunch of times in Jacksonville when I was paddling in a main waterway. Never had any problem thoughs. I've never been checked on the west coast. In fact, I think I've only seen one FWC boat the entire time I've been fishing the Big Bend region.
highandry

Post by highandry »

BearsFan wrote:If drinking while kayaking is wrong, I don't want to be right.
TODAYS WORD .... BEER
RockinNReelin

Post by RockinNReelin »

I've been stopped on more than a few occasions. Always glad to see them though. :)
~Sharon~
Never lie to someone you trust, Never trust someone who lies to you.
Erick
"Mister OLC"
"Mister OLC"

Post by Erick »

In my 12 years of kayak fishing....most in FL.....I have only seen the FWC twice while on the water and never stopped. I have had them check me at the ramp upon return on 3 occassions. Until last Saturday's EBM I had never drank while out on the water.....but I did have to take a sip of the special concoction that Paul made for me at around 11 am....rest I drank afterwards. Paddling and drinking just dont seem to go together.
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
Jim Valvano

{{>=====<}} <'))))><ing
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

I don't think it's an issue unless you are in the Shell Key Preserve....and it's deep enough that they can get to you. Alcohol is prohibited there.
I've been stopped twice. Once near Gandy where I got to see them give another guy a $90 ticket for not having a flotation device, he was being a jerk and deserved it. The other time was at Bunces pass, they "made" me paddle out about seventy yards to the channel so they could check my catch (skunk). :lol: :lol:
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
GILs_GONE_WILD

Post by GILs_GONE_WILD »

Sometimes I take a couple beers out with me but seems I never get to drink them. WAY too busy reelin' in fish. 8)
GIL

"Only the half-mad are wholly alive." ~~~ Edward Abbey
shallow pockets

Post by shallow pockets »

trash.can.slam wrote:Kayak beers are just like the Spook Jr. You should never hit the water without at least 2 of them.
Thats a good way to look at it.
Jackson Kayak Pro Staff
mark941

Post by mark941 »

dont drink and paddle... you might spill your beer <just kidding
kneedeep

Post by kneedeep »

I just make it a personal rule not to take any alcohol out on the kayak. Too many things can happen out there, plus, alot of the places I fish are in the parks system which don't allow alcohol anyway. I have been checked quite a few times by the Marine Patrol, but most of the time they just wanna check out the fishin' machine and were not really worried about papers, equipment etc.. 8) One FWC officer told me that he normally does not bother checking the kayakers because we are always within the laws. :wink:
<SDFT><{
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
paddlaroun

Post by paddlaroun »

With all the nice exspensive power boats on the water and compare them to the coat of a plastic boat. If you were looking for someone to stop to get a big fine and possibly impound a high dollar boat which would you spend more time stopping?
I had FWC drift past me at Allen's Creek he saw I had my PFD and asked if I had my license as he went by that was the exstent of the stop.
As far as drinking while paddling you can't get enough in your boat to get too drunk if you want room for all your other gear. :D
Dan Native 12
"Sleep in fish late"

"I know the waters cold! Wet your hand anyway!!!"
loukiii

Post by loukiii »

As far as drinking while paddling you can't get enough in your boat to get too drunk if you want room for all your other gear.
Do they still sell party balls? Im sure you could put a party ball in your tankwell and fill the box up with ice, run a hose over your shoulder and clip it to your collar like one of those camelbak deals.