Dont piss this guy off! More to the story.

mudfish

Post by mudfish »

seeinred wrote:
Rik wrote:We should remember that we are fishermen first. How one pursues that hobby is secondary. All of the anti powerboat drivel on this site does nothing but drive a wedge and create problems.
Thank you Rik, I'm glad someone understands...
Just 'cos Rik was a long haired hippy once. :wink:
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

Rik wrote:In Spencer's defense, I think what he is trying to say is we shouldn't lump all professional guides into the same basket. Nor should we lump all powerboaters into the same basket. Nor kayakers, etc. etc. etc.

There are plenty of very good professional guides out there. Those guys care as much or more about the resource than anyone else. That guy's actions are not indicative of the behavior of most professional guides.

We should remember that we are fishermen first. How one pursues that hobby is secondary. All of the anti powerboat drivel on this site does nothing but drive a wedge and create problems.
A voice of reason.......
Chris.G

Post by Chris.G »

Absolutely right.
I am not a guide or stinkpot basher. I believe almost every guide is more considerate then the average joe. It is just about this individual's dumb mistake. Yes there are plenty of paddlefisherpeople who will do dumb things too.Me included.
No PM Needed.
Giant- size
~ Good friends will come and bail you out of jail...Best friends will be sitting next to you saying, "Man, that was fun."~
Blindmullet

Post by Blindmullet »

seeinred wrote:
Blindmullet wrote:
seeinred wrote:Why should the Capt. have been the better man? He's the one trying to make a living on the water, try doing that for a couple years and putting up with the COUNTLESS idiots on the water and your attitude and course of actions just might change. True, he should be a professional, but in the end we're all human, try putting yourself in his shoes for a chance... seems people 'round here are quick to bash someone with the word "Capt." in front of their name, esp. if they're in a power boat.
Is he trying to make a living or pay for his boat payment :roll: There are only a hand full of real "Capt's" out there. To those guys, yes I agree with your comment.

Sorry, I think you've got it backwards, the majority of captains on the water are good honest people, and then there's the handful that are inconsiderate azzholes, it would seem that's the norm for just about all walks of life.
What I am saying is that most of the guys are just out there to pay for there boat and have a tax write off. They are not true fulltime guides, because it is not there everyday job. There are more of these types then guys earning a living from fishing.

The guys that are out there everyday for the most part just want to put people on fish. I agree 100% with you.
Kpmiggs

Post by Kpmiggs »

The video's have been removed by the user. Thats was the messsage I got when I tried to view them.
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

Kpmiggs wrote:The video's have been removed by the user. Thats was the messsage I got when I tried to view them.
Late as usual :lol:
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
Capt Bob J.

Post by Capt Bob J. »

Drat, missed it...

Did anyone save a copy of the video?
Capt. Robert Jaspers
LivelyBaits

Post by LivelyBaits »

Capt Bob J. wrote:Drat, missed it...

Did anyone save a copy of the video?
Who was it? Just curious. Anyone at least have a still shot of the boat to show me? I think I know who this might be.

I think it's already been said pretty well by the others. This action is the equivalent of someone thinking they can fire a shot over the head of someone who walked one step off the sidewalk and onto their lawn. I understand the intrusion part as it happens regularly to myself and people I have on the water as well. But if you take it in your own hands: You are (and should be) criminally liable.
pee-dash-eff, "Desperate. H.W"