Labor Day

bassboy

Labor Day

Post by bassboy »

whose headin out
Vlap

Re: Labor Day

Post by Vlap »

The drunken masses have a tendency to keep me away from the water on holidays like these.
"It's always an adventure! " Cooknfish.
GILs_GONE_WILD

Post by GILs_GONE_WILD »

Today and Memorial Day are the two days to stay off the water. However, get your lawn chair and set it up with your umbrella, beer cooler and snacks at the nearest but more importantly the busiest boat ramp you know of.

Pray for some decent winds and a strong current particularly in the same direction as the wind. Don't worry about being there early as launching isn't too bad. Mornings can present some fiascos but the best of times are after the drunken sunburnt masses come in to load their boats. It's usually a hoot with an occasional MMA match right there at the ramp.

Happy Labor Day Y'all. :)
GIL

"Only the half-mad are wholly alive." ~~~ Edward Abbey
Tide1on

Post by Tide1on »

I can see it now, a new reality show... "Boat Ramp Wars"
NATIVE Redfish14
Your Wallet - The one place Democrats are willing to drill

Steve
DoubleM

Post by DoubleM »

I don't know, pretty sure it depends on where and when. I took the wife and 21 month old daughter out for the first time on the canoe together. It was perfect, only boat wake was from my canoe! Not alot of boat traffic out there except for the local scullers. Launched at 7:30 and was off by 11:15. Even got in some fishing, caught a nice spani mac and a jumbo flounder. Hope everyone else had the day off and enjoyed it too.
Mark .aka. Man of Purpose. Original Chincy Jones

Ultimate 14.5 sand & blue Indian River Outdoorsman.

The jig is up and weedless.