Catfish n Ladyfish

Flamingo to Big Bend
scwewywabbit

Catfish n Ladyfish

Post by scwewywabbit »

Got a late start today, out there around noon. I picked up a bunch of catfish and ladyfish, got pretty much skunked by the better half. Heres a pic of the red she caught besides a real nice 20inch trout.

DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Re: Catfish n Ladyfish

Post by DaveR »

Yikes! Big red.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

Nice........
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
kikstand454

Post by kikstand454 »

Awesome!
What crate is that behind her? I have the same yak.........

~Dave

Creatures of Habit, Tallahassee Florida
rocrfella

Post by rocrfella »

Nice redbull! Get it?! Where did you catch the ladyfish at? I want to catch some.
americanrobster

Post by americanrobster »

Nice! :thumbleft:
Rob

Heritage Redfish 12'

Heritage Redfish 14'
scwewywabbit

Post by scwewywabbit »

kikstand454 wrote:Awesome!
What crate is that behind her? I have the same KAYAK.........

~Dave

Made the crates up ourselves..just a regular milkcrate you see around all the time..and then got a bucket buddy http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywor ... 2a4rfcy2_b" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Available from any hardware store cut it down the seam, wrap it around the crate on three sides then zip tie it...Then on the forth side of the crate zip tie on a rod holder that holds three poles, cost $10 from tackle shop...
These are available on the internet crate mates, kayak crates I think they are called cost approx $65....our cost to make prob $32....hope this helps, can post photos if you need them...
kikstand454

Post by kikstand454 »

Ok cool I gotcha. I thought maybe it was a store baught thing.
No that's great! Ill def look into that. I'm needing a better system. I got the gone fishin seat, and it is awesome as a seat, but the 'tackle storage' is not up to snuff. Gonna end up putting plastics in it I believe.
Thanks again for the idea!

~Dave

scwewywabbit

Post by scwewywabbit »

kikstand454 wrote:Ok cool I gotcha. I thought maybe it was a store baught thing.
No that's great! Ill def look into that. I'm needing a better system. I got the gone fishin seat, and it is awesome as a seat, but the 'tackle storage' is not up to snuff. Gonna end up putting plastics in it I believe.
Thanks again for the idea!

~Dave

I sit one of these ozark coolers in front of me http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng ... at_id=4125" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. ... You can see the orange one in the pic, multiple compartments holds many packs of jigs leader material & crankbaits ect...Like stuff
I'm using on the day. Also if u put an ice pack in the bottom with a couple of sheets of newspaper folded neatly on top you can put a dozen shrimp on top n they will stay alive for a long time after they chill down n when you put em on your hook n in the water they liven right up....kinda cool carrying live bait without a live well.. I use about one a yr the zippers give out with the corrosion but @ $6 a yr its still reasonable..

Also carry a couple of these in the milk crate http://www.amazon.com/Plano-23600-01-St ... +organizer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Basically tackle storage n if I switch up I just transfer stuff to the cooler in front of me.

Hope this helps.
kikstand454

Post by kikstand454 »

Yes. It does. I like the ideas.
We are running very similar set ups. I have the planos in my crate as well, and my terminal tackle in the gone fishing seat. I have a soft sided tackle bag (the free one when you join b.a.s.s.) in front of my feet, teathered around my scotty.
It all works, but you know how it is....always a better way!

~Dave