What I been up to....

Flamingo to Big Bend
shallow pockets

What I been up to....

Post by shallow pockets »

Been taking it easy lately. I have missed many tournaments and other events but I'm looking to change that here soon. I have been on the water so Instead of posting many times Im just going to try to get it all on this post. Going to be short and sweet. :D

Got out with a couple good friends to scout out a new area. Windy conditions kept us close to the launch but we did find a few fish. Took the Big Tuna out on this trip to get my boy on the water.He had a blast catching Flounder,Trout and lady fish.

Chuck S with his new Cuda

On May 11, I loaded up the Jackson Cuda and headed north to Jacksonville, Florida to fish the 9th annual Jacksonville Kayak Fishing Classic. This was my third time attending this event. This event brings in close to 400 kayak anglers each year. The captain’s meeting was put together very well. There was what seemed to be an endless raffle & great food. Shorty after the meeting I met up with a couple Jackson Team members and headed off to the hotel to get ready for a morning of fishing.

My morning started early at 4am. After a quick stop at the local gas station to stock up on some drinks and munchies I headed to the launch. When I arrived at my launch location I found that I was the only person there. I asked myself, was this sign of how the fishing was going to be? Usually if there are fish at this location there would be many others putting in. I met up with a local friend of mine that had been pre fishing the area for the last week or so we stuck with our original plan and launched at safe light. The morning started off good for me catching a decent Speckled Trout on my first cast. But my luck didn’t last very long. From there on out it was slow. I managed to pick up 3 more small Trout and a Black Drum. I couldn’t find a Redfish or Flounder throughout the rest of my morning. By 10am the winds had picked up tot at least 20-30mph out of the east which made it nearly impossible to fish so I found a spot up in the grass where I decided to test out the reclining position of the Jackson seat. After a 30 min nap I decided that the weather was just too much for me to handle so I called it quits early around 11am and headed back to the launch.

The awards ceremony was great. Great meal provided by Sticky Fingers BBQ. There were some great fish caught in some horrible wind conditions. Congrats to all the winners at this event. I will be looking forward to this event again in 2013 and hope to see many of the Jackson Team members next year.

Recently picked up a Jackson Big Tuna. Very happy with the kayak so far. Thought I would share a few photos and video of its first outing. No Fish,sorry it was to windy so I enjoyed paddling around the Mangrove tunnels with my little man.

More Big Tuna Photos- http://s560.photobucket.com/albums/ss49 ... ig%20Tuna/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

[video width=425 height=344 type=youtube]hVgdpVTV4og[/video]

Great morning on Sarasota Bay with Scott M. Windy conditions made for a tough morning but Scott still caught a couple nice Redfish as well as some Trout. The Heddon One Knocker was the bait of the day.

Great trip this morning on Sarasota Bay with Mark & Adam. Both caught a couple nice Reds as well as some trout using soft plastics. Floating grass was a problem when trying to use the usual top water plugs I like my clients to throw but we were still able to make it happen. :)
Jackson Kayak Pro Staff