Heroes

bassboy

Heroes

Post by bassboy »

I know we are coming upon Memorial Day so i start with this.

We always look to our Mothers and Fathers as our Heroes and thats the way it always has been and thats the way it will always be. I look at my Father as my hero for many reasons He is my Pops and i have always looked up to him (technically down to him he is shorter then me) had to get that one in there so back to points. I look up to him for the sacrifices that he made for our country in the Vietnam War for him to lay his life on the line for his family and people he didnt know in this great country we call the Good ole USA. James Thomas Peters is my hero as well as the men and women that have served our great nation present,past,future. I also say this make it a commitment to start saying Thank You when you see a veteran or present military personnel it goes along way. I know there are some of yall that are Military on the forum but i only know of one so to Bill "Heywood" Howard i say Thank You my friend for serving. I hope we can get a line wet on Monday.
I know this is long and apologize it was just on my heart and make sure you pause for a second and say a prayer for military and there familys. Well Happy Memorial Day to everyone and go get a line wet i know i plan on it.
Sincerely
Bassboy
AKA Son of a Veteran James C. Peters
Heywood

Re: Heroes

Post by Heywood »

:wink:
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
Tree-Bone

Post by Tree-Bone »

Well put Bassboy !

2 U Bill !!

TB
fishpirate

Post by fishpirate »

:salute:
SRQGator
Grocery Yodeler

Post by SRQGator »

Heywood, Manning, FlatsSteeler, Vlap, DaveR, all P-F vets, and my Dad too. Thank you all.
1 1 12?
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

:salute:
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Tide1on

Post by Tide1on »

God bless the families & friends of loved ones that gave the Ultimate Sacrifice!!!

And to each and everyone of you who have served and are currently serving now, "Thank You very much for my freedom, I greatly appreciate it!"
NATIVE Redfish14
Your Wallet - The one place Democrats are willing to drill

Steve
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Took a drive a few miles east to my father in law's, John Philips', resting place. Funny, haven't been there in a couple months but twice in the past week. Some day, and with luck, it will be some years, I'll be his neighbor again. The wind I curse as a fisherman was lending hand with Old Glory to make a fine display. To those who gave their lives to preserve this shining light on the hill we salute you and will forever grateful.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.