Some days just work.

Flamingo to Big Bend
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Some days just work.

Post by Todd »

Got out with Heywood, Rik and Barnacle this morning in an area that cannt be named. We will call it Cow Creek. Started off slow with a little bait moving here and there and then the tails started showing themselves in the grass. They frustrated us for awhile and then the switch turned on.

I came tight on one of the most beautiful redfish I have ever caught. Heywood has some pics and I sure hope they came out, this fish had incredible orange color. She went on the stringer because Rik cannot catch his own damn redfish. After that it was snook, snook, snook and a few more snook. In three hours of fishing I have never had as many blowups on topwater as I saw today. Rik paddled over and got in on the action and it was a blow up on every 4th to 5th cast. What they lacked in size they made up for in aggressiveness. I have no idea how many snook we caught but we had at least 100 blowups, it was not stop for quite awhile. Then, as soon as they started they quit and we paddled back to the launch laughing about it.

Was nice to get back to Cow Creek and to see Heywood back on the water. Even after a little layof he didn't get rusty that is for sure. He has the pics, I hope he posts some.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
DoubleM

Re: Some days just work.

Post by DoubleM »

Nice report, what time did they switch on?
Mark .aka. Man of Purpose. Original Chincy Jones

Ultimate 14.5 sand & blue Indian River Outdoorsman.

The jig is up and weedless.
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

Around 8
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

Boys, it was special for sure. Thanks for the invite to a beautiful spot.

Some know, some dont know. I've been very ill the last three or four months. I've seen all kinds of doctors and had so many test's done I cant count them. I was diagnosed with Lupus two weeks ago. I just got over Bronchitis a week ago and I was also told I was sun sensitive and that affects my condition. So I decided this week I would try my hand back on the water just to see how I did. Sure glad I did. Cow Creek was going off this morning. Best top water bite I have been on in quite some time. At one point it was every cast. They werent all that big, the last snook was the biggest and no I didnt measure it. It was just good to catch anything this morning.

Thanks fellas, it was allsome!
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
Rik

Post by Rik »

Glad you could make it Bill. I should have stayed on side you guys were on. Very different fishing just 100 yards away.

Beautiful morning with the fog rolling through. Fall has arrived.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

Looks like a great morning. I was near Perico island before dawn. Action was not like you describe but was good. I usually catch and release but a 25 inch red literally inhaled my lure and I could not get it out. Red fish on the half shell for dinner to night.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
Tide1on

Post by Tide1on »

Good job guys! Excellent pics too!
But most of all... Bill, Nice hat!!! :thumbright: Good to see you back on the H2O.
NATIVE Redfish14
Your Wallet - The one place Democrats are willing to drill

Steve
DirksFishin

Post by DirksFishin »

Beautiful pics! Looks like a hell of a day. I'm guessing a brackish creek somewhere? I tried googleing cow creek like a dumb newb the first time someone posted that name I think it was Rik. Its funny what pops up nothing I wanted that's for sure. Glad to hear you're doctors were able to figure things out Heywood. My fiancées good friend was diagnosed years back with lupus and with some adjustment she's living life! I think the scariest thing for you was probably not knowing. You'll just have to do more early early morning fishing or night. Glad to see some spots are still semi secret! Nice trip guys.
Derek

I hear possum taste like chicken.
Bigfish171
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by Bigfish171 »

Nice work & outstanding pics. Glad your return to the water was a good one Bill!!

Guess it's about time I make a visit to Cow Creek!!
Dave
seeinred

Post by seeinred »

Great pics Bill, glad to hear you were able to get back on the water. Sounds like a geat day to make your return.
For more kayak fishing reports, tips, and fishing charters please visit;
http://tampabaykayakcharters.com/

Spencer
mikeB
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by mikeB »

The pros prevailed, nice fishin'
americanrobster

Post by americanrobster »

Looks like that day worked out very well for everyone. I'm glad to hear that you got out on the water Bill.
Rob

Heritage Redfish 12'

Heritage Redfish 14'
shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Post by shamus »

Did you cut that fabric for your shorts from a couch you saw laying on the side of the road ?
0 0 1
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

shamus wrote:Did you cut that fabric for your shorts from a couch you saw laying on the side of the road ?
Actually it came from the comforter in your master bedroom. You should pay closer attention to what is in your house.
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

Todd wrote:
shamus wrote:Did you cut that fabric for your shorts from a couch you saw laying on the side of the road ?
Actually it came from the comforter in your master bedroom. You should pay closer attention to what is in your house.
Zing Pow :shock:
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~