First time at Weedon

Ryanrocksfender

First time at Weedon

Post by Ryanrocksfender »

I am looking to fish a new area and im looking to give Weedon a shot tomorrow morning. I don't have a ton of time so im probably going to launch at Gandy. Are there any good areas accessible when launching at Gandy? Any tips for the area?

Much appreciated!
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Re: First time at Weedon

Post by Norm »

Head south across the front of the power plant....and your there...all those flats from there south for over a mile...enjoy :!:
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
barrynfla

Post by barrynfla »

There are several cuts thru the small islands just off Weedon that can be very good on a moving tide. Reds and snook mostly. Outside flats have lots of trout.

Don't get TOO close to the power plant or some guy in a pickup with a loudspeaker will tell you that you're violating Homeland Security! Don't ask me how I know. lol

Post by 13 »

I know it's a couple days late, but get out there a couple times and you will find fish right now. It has been ON FIRE for weeks now. You can pick up some very nice snook on the inside of Weedon every now and again, but I find the outside is far more productive. Tons of grassy flats every where. Don't let other boats and kayaks intimidate you. Always a lot of people out there, but that's just cause its a great place to fish. I took 2nd place in the tourney this past weekend & did it all while a boat throwing live bait 50 yards away from me watched. Any and all the passes that head into the mangrove mazes can hold nice reds & snook as well. Good luck!