To Pinch or not to Pinch

Flamingo to Big Bend
kneedeep

To Pinch or not to Pinch

Post by kneedeep »

Pinch the tail and it was 40 inches. Unpinched it was 39.. I'm callin it 39 personally, but either way it was FUN!!

Grass has come back NICE!!
<SDFT><{
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Re: To Pinch or not to Pinch

Post by DaveR »

Wow! Do tell!
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
kneedeep

Post by kneedeep »

Nasty night to fish really.. The wind was far from calm and there was a TON of floating grass from the storms, so the use of topwater lures was next to impossible. The moon was up and two days from being full (last night), so I decided to use my stand by soft plastic rigged weedless and started catching some small trout and Ladyfish around 10 inches long. With some ominous looking clouds way out on the coast and barometer dropping, the fish action dropped off to next to nothing and I decided to do something I haven't done in decades. :scratch: I took my pliers out and pulled the head off a small Ladyfish and cut a chunk out of the shoulder, put it on the red, 2/0 offset hook meant for my Exude and chunked that thing out and THOUGHT I was going to enjoy my Oliveros Hemingway sized Maduro cigar. It only took about a minute to feel a very nice bump on the line, but the fish did not run off. I put some pressure on the line and set the hook and this is what I finally dragged in. I'm not proud of the fact I did not catch this Red on arties, but at least my record Red is one inch bigger than this one and caught on a Spook Jr..... But!,.. My personal best was on the Space Coast and not in Tampa Bay. I don't care what any body says, this is a nice Red for Tampa. AND FAT!! :cool: :santa:
<SDFT><{
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Rik

To Pinch or not to Pinch

Post by Rik »

Embrace the bait!
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Saw the pic and figured you were in the Goon. Helluva fish for these parts. It was too windy to properly enjoy the smoke anyway!
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
BigFlyReel
Supporter 2011 - 2013

Post by BigFlyReel »

Beautiful feesh!
____

Native "Slayer Propel 13"
Native "Ultimate 12"
americanrobster

Post by americanrobster »

Nice night time red.
Rob

Heritage Redfish 12'

Heritage Redfish 14'
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by Norm »

Nice fish AND nice cigar.. :cool:
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
kneedeep

Post by kneedeep »

Thanks all! Yeah, that fish was a good 4 inches bigger than my best Tbay Red. I always wanted to match that Banana River 40 incher on my home turf and I prolly came as close as I'm gonna get. :cool: Maybe now I'll try to beat my personal best Snook of 43 inches! :mrgreen:
<SDFT><{
Vlap

Post by Vlap »

Excellent work!
"It's always an adventure! " Cooknfish.
barrynfla

Post by barrynfla »

Beautiful red!! Maybe the east shore wouldn't be THAT long of a drive from Carrollwood! :)
kneedeep

Post by kneedeep »

That Red was caught within 30 minutes of Carrolwood believe or not! :shock:
<SDFT><{
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

Hmm that is a beauty, 30 minutes from Carrollwood, you must be in my neighborhood!

Nice fish mate
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
kneedeep

Post by kneedeep »

John wrote:Hmm that is a beauty, 30 minutes from Carrollwood, you must be in my neighborhood!

Nice fish mate
I try not to leave Hillsborough County whenever possible. Unless I'm planning a vacation over to the Space Coast! :cool: :sunny:
<SDFT><{
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

Nice, been a long time no see, I remember your photo from many years ago, with the nice Snook in the rain.
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
kneedeep

Post by kneedeep »

LOOOOONNNG Time John!! I remember that pic!! Sittin in that ugly arss Rasta colored Freedom.. Good Times, Good Times.. PM me up sometime and we'll catch up over a Maduro and rather large Reds! :shock: :thumbright: :thumbright:
<SDFT><{