Closing out the year...

jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Closing out the year...

Post by jbdba01 »

For the last few years I've tried to capture the essence of the year in a photo or series of photos. This year I've been fortunate enough to have gone fishing a bunch, made new friends, stayed employed, watched my kids grown up some more, improved my health, and was honored to have been at a friend's military retirement ceremony (army special ops Gulf War I and 2 , served 3 tours Iraq/Afganistan :salute: ). Overall it was a pretty darn good year. With that in mind I wouldn't mind seeing some photos that you took posted here that show what you feel is the essence of your year. Can be a single shot, collage, or something in between. A brief blurb would be beneficial.

I'll start with the below...Enjoyed the FLA... 2010 pics tell the story.

JB
Heywood

Re: Closing out the year...

Post by Heywood »

Cool. How'd you do it?
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

Part 1

"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Post by jbdba01 »

Heywood wrote:Cool. How'd you do it?
Picassa - it is pretty darn good for free. Download here.

Import pictures in to Picassa. Click on Create Collage; select pictures for Collage; select format (mosaic, centered, random); click on create collage - it is exported to a file. Done - sounds like a lot of steps, but it's pretty easy; minor learning curve, but once you figure it out it's easy. If you have say +30 photos it gets kinda cluttered, but you click on shuffle pictures it auto arranges things. If you want a border - just click on the size of the border. Once you get good at it, it's less than a minute to create.

Here's another sample. I like that format more.

Now...the one I REALLY want to do is create a collage, blend it into the background of one main picture - basically a mosaic. So when you look at the picture from a distance you see the one image, but when you get closer you see all the little pictures that make up the one large image. Like these. If you hit the "+" button on the image you'll see all the smaller ones. Very cool.
JB
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Post by jbdba01 »

Heywood wrote:Part 1
Very cool looking forward to part 2. Is that a cannon g11/s1 in the middle?
JB
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

jbdba01 wrote:
Heywood wrote:Part 1
Very cool looking forward to part 2. Is that a cannon g11/s1 in the middle?
Dont know, ask Todd. Its him taken a picture of me taken a picture of him.
islander

Post by islander »

Wow. It's been a year of ups and downs. All I have is a cheap camera and a 2mp cell phone to tell the story. Sorry I don't have a pretty collage...

The spring started out promising. Fishing was really good. Then came the summer. I was laid off in mid July. I don't want any sympathy. I was miserable there. This kickstarts my search for a new job!

What to do when you have nothing else to do? Travel!

Ohio to visit my best friend and his kids. They had been watching River Monsters and were curious about fishing. Unfortunately, they were also afraid of what we might encouter.

Downside was getting my arse handed to me by a 5 year old in Skipbo AND Uno.

Then it was off to Myrtle Beach to visit my Sister and her kids. This little heathen gave me the flu. It lasted three weeks.

Finally, an ill-fated trip to the Keys. The wind was howling so it turned into a sight-seeing adventure. My first encouter with one of these buggers.

All my Christmas shopping was done by Thanksgiving. Including a little something for myself. Here's a pic of it being wrapped. Merry Christmas!

2011 will see my 5th year smoke free and my 5th anniversary of surviving a brain aneurysm! It only gets better from here!
www.lemonbayconservancy.org
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Post by jbdba01 »

islander wrote:Wow. It's been a year of ups and downs. All I have is a cheap camera and a 2mp cell phone to tell the story. Sorry I don't have a pretty collage...

The spring started out promising. Fishing was really good. Then came the summer. I was laid off in mid July. I don't want any sympathy. I was miserable there. This kickstarts my search for a new job!

What to do when you have nothing else to do? Travel!

Ohio to visit my best friend and his kids. They had been watching River Monsters and were curious about fishing. Unfortunately, they were also afraid of what we might encouter.

Downside was getting my arse handed to me by a 5 year old in Skipbo AND Uno.

Then it was off to Myrtle Beach to visit my Sister and her kids. This little heathen gave me the flu. It lasted three weeks.

Finally, an ill-fated trip to the Keys. The wind was howling so it turned into a sight-seeing adventure. My first encouter with one of these buggers.

All my Christmas shopping was done by Thanksgiving. Including a little something for myself. Here's a pic of it being wrapped. Merry Christmas!

2011 will see my 5th year smoke free and my 5th anniversary of surviving a brain aneurysm! It only gets better from here!
Wow...talk about your VERY up and down year. Looks like you had a great year with the kids - more power to ya. What a great outlook in life too!! Hang in there - 2011 is just around the corner.
JB
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

Part Two

He did say "Taken by you", so I took them down, seeing how it upset the senior dudes.
Last edited by Heywood on Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rik

Post by Rik »

jeez, talk about look at me! me! me!
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Vlap

Post by Vlap »

Rik wrote:jeez, talk about look at me! me! me!
:thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:
"It's always an adventure! " Cooknfish.
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Post by jbdba01 »

Amending rules - no slinging mud until you post your photo(s). :blackeye: Course you run the site... :cheers:
Last edited by jbdba01 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
JB
CooKnFish

Post by CooKnFish »

Good stuff!
This year I started collecting a species list. A couple got away without a picture and I can think of at least one that I have taken for granted (the ever present ladyfish). There are 31 shown here.

Paddles - they aren't just for the bedroom anymore.

~Mark~
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Post by jbdba01 »

Now that's cool...may have to follow up with a similar version.
JB
Rik

Post by Rik »

jbdba01 wrote:Amending rules - no slinging mud until you post your photo(s). :blackeye: Course you run the site... :cheers:
I was just pissed he didn't include a picture of me in his montage.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

Rik wrote:
jbdba01 wrote:Amending rules - no slinging mud until you post your photo(s). :blackeye: Course you run the site... :cheers:
I was just pissed he didn't include a picture of me in his montage.