Dude - question is out of line, figure it out yourself
31%

Total votes: 29

jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

CRB - North or South?

Post by jbdba01 »

Given the size of CRB would you go north or south?

I kinda have had some success and have some "holes", but am looking for some general direction on which direction you would head to starting to get the know the area.

Feel free to elaborate, but I'm just looking for what you feel is a better place to starting to get to know the area.

Unfortunately Simmons opens too late for me sometimes.
JB
Fishaddict
Supporter 2013

Re: CRB - North or South?

Post by Fishaddict »

I have had my vehicle broken into and my buddy's truck was vandalized last year at the CRB ramp.. We won't go there anymore. HCSO told us that the ramp was "Use at your own risk"

Besides there are too many other good places to fish on the west side of Tampa Bay without the hassle of vandals.

For those live on the East Shore area, GOOD LUCK..
[b][i]Have Boat ... Will Fish[/i][/b]
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

Depends on the time of year.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
bassboy

Post by bassboy »

i prefer simmons or the kitchen way to crowded at crb if u fish the weekends but during the week im sure it isnt that packed but i wouldnt feel like coming back to a car that was broken into so i just stay away.
TexasDan

Post by TexasDan »

I suggest if you go to CRB that you go real early on the weekend. Beat the traffic and get a parking spot up front and you should be fine.

It's good both North or South.
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

I fish CRB(Ya I Know Dave) almost exclusively....You MUST...repeat....MUST get there early and get a up front Parking Spot on weekends.......As for North or South.....Tide and Temp dictates......South you will find some deep Potholes.....North some deep Cuts....either or.......As for vandals up front parking usually deters them..... I like CRB(I know Dave) because the put in is easy and you always seem to catch fish......Now when I want to target larger fish I have Breakfast at the "Kraker Barrel" :wink: :wink: then clean up the"Kitchen" :wink: :wink:.... "Kraker Barrel" parking will scare you and you may find a dead body from time to time but.......just sayin......
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Post by jbdba01 »

JoeS wrote:I fish CRB(Ya I Know Dave) almost exclusively....You MUST...repeat....MUST get there early and get a up front Parking Spot on weekends.......As for North or South.....Tide and Temp dictates......South you will find some deep Potholes.....North some deep Cuts....either or.......As for vandals up front parking usually deters them..... I like CRB(I know Dave) because the put in is easy and you always seem to catch fish......Now when I want to target larger fish I have Breakfast at the "Kraker Barrel" :wink: :wink: then clean up the"Kitchen" :wink: :wink:.... "Kraker Barrel" parking will scare you and you may find a dead body from time to time but.......just sayin......
Well...last time I was at CRB it was me and the dolphins at 4am. That's some spooky crap when they blow 10' from ya in the dark (yes by yourself - who else will fish with me at 3/4am and be bright eyed and bushy tailed at 8am work on a Thurs).

I would not go there after 6pm winter / 8pm summer. Even though I'm one of the hermanos I don't feel comfortable there. Best I could tell there was some dope deals going down, prostitution, and possibly some illegals landing.

Almost felt like I was back in Miami in the 80's. "Boom ching booom"...queue the flamingos...(oh no not again).

"Hey look at those two dudes in that car - wait one, no two, no one, no two...oh damn...just damn..."

Place gave me the willies at night. No so bad in the mornings.

Done the "Kraker Barrel" and have cleaned the Kitchen as well - mostly small platers :wink: :wink:

I have visions of Columbian neckties en la cocina and barrel. Or is that banjos I hear?

Perhaps I should just pack heat and bring my Miami tude for early solo fishing.

"Who you F'ing with mein. Say hello to my little friend."

That said, you prefer the barrel and kitchen to CRB? Certainly closer to my home.
JB
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

I vote #4.
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Post by jbdba01 »

Heywood wrote:I vote #4.
Fair enough...I'm giving myself up to Oct to ask "borderline" questions; after that the rookie name tab is tossed and I suspect I'll "contribute" more than ask.
JB
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

jbdba01 wrote:
Fair enough...I'm giving myself up to Oct to ask "borderline" questions; after that the rookie name tab is tossed and I suspect I'll "contribute" more than ask.
The "Rookie" tab is only removed when the elders say so. :lol:
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Post by jbdba01 »

Heywood wrote:
jbdba01 wrote:
The "Rookie" tab is only removed when the elders say so. :lol:
Awesome...I was going by calendar date on pf.com; however, given that you have embraced the elder/geriatric label and, given that I'm feeling a bit more confident in my skill set, perhaps some type online (or otherwise) tourney to racket up the game?

Rookies vs vets. Rookie (<2 years on pf.com) go by shear numbers of reds - no size limit, vets (>2 years on pf.com) only reds > 20". Total inches wins. Winning team gets the genuine virtual trophy below. Artificial lures only. Given that our rookie knowledge is vastly inferior to the aging vets (course you may forget where to fish or get home - pls take a gps, I would hate to see a Silver alert(s) on the way home), rookies get an extra .25 players. So if there are 10 elders rookies get 13 - rounded up.

Or if you want to get a wee bit more personal (same rules above)- me vs you and a bottle of 750 ml JD for the winner. Black label will do nicely; I'll need it by the Boise St game. We'll go with 2 weeks (or Sats/Sun - pick one day) of fishing anywhere in the Tampa area (dates tbd). Or if winning booze doesn't do it for ya (I know, I know - doctors orders) - a $25 donation to pf.com in the winners name. Plus a thread acknowledging the loss and superior fish skills of the opposing team.

No need to use 321fish - we can simply create a thread.

Assuming that Rik, Todd and Cook don't have you on my team (aka "The Rookies"), are we on? Course I'll take you on my team, but I am worried that the wheel chair access at Simmons may not be working when I need ya. :D

Last edited by jbdba01 on Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
JB
Rik

Post by Rik »

So, rookie status lasts 2 years?
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Post by jbdba01 »

Sure...seemed like a reasonable cutoff.
JB
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

Me an Elder? Nope, not me.

The Rookie tags comes off when you stop worring about the number of fish you catch. The time limit on that is up to you. :lol:
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Post by jbdba01 »

Well...I like to think I'm type B personality, but I have acknowledged that I'm type A.

Hell...I still can't believe GA lost to UCF in a crappy bowl - what's it been 6 months. Like I had something to do with the coaching or something. I used to lose sleep over games - at least now I don't.

It's a character flaw/asset.

I'll assume that based on no comment on the JD we're not on for a bit of friendly competition. I'll buy my own JD for Boise State; I'm gonna need it.

Regardless I do like the rookie vs vet tourney concept - just another excuse to go fishing with a twist and some form of leveling the field for competition.
JB
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Post by jbdba01 »

I might even do something like # of days versus vets with a handicap.

Say 3 vets sign up - if it's me alone I get 3 days to fish (or if it's two rookies - 1.5 days to fish each). Perhaps 6 hour days?

Rookies get a 25% handicap. So take the overall rookie fish length and multiply it times 1.25.

Not so sure how to make it interesting on the $/prize side. $25 entry fee? If 4 vets vs 1 rookie are in the payout doesn't quite work. You probably need a minimum or something.

I'm sure someone has done this before. Just "exploring the space".

Course there always "Lighten up and just go fishing man. WTH? Why do you have to be this way?"
JB